at Arkansas Government Job in Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
Date: Sep 10, 2021
Req ID: 11787
Fayetteville, AR, US, 72702
Category: ADMIN OFFICE OF THE COURTS
Anticipated Starting Salary: $45010
Class Code: Q227C
FLSA Status: NON-EXEMPT
Salary Range: $45,010.00 – $65,265.00
The Official Court Reporter is responsible for the reporting of all judicial proceedings assigned to the judge, regardless of the nature, difficulty, or location for the proceedings conducted within the assigned judicial circuit. This position is responsible for preserving the court record and exhibits and, when requested, preparation of the official transcript of proceedings. As a representative of the Judiciary, the Official Court Reporter must maintain a high degree of integrity, decorum, and respect for court personnel, other agencies, and the public.
• Must be available in the courtroom, prepared, and ready to report to all proceedings.
• Must be able to read back any or all portions of the court record upon request.
• Must maintain a neutral attitude.
• Take proper precautions so that electronic data, notes, and equipment are not compromised.
• Act as custodian of exhibits during proceedings and maintain files and records of transcripts, notes, and exhibits as required.
• Must be able to transcribe court proceedings into accurate transcripts for purposes of appeal or as requested by litigants, counsel, or by order of the court.
• Appropriately manage all transcript orders to ensure timely preparation and distribution of all transcripts, as well as all related reports and documents.
• May be required to work beyond normal working hours during lengthy and complex trials.
• Must be able to travel as may be required within the judicial circuit.
• Must operate pursuant to Arkansas Supreme Court Rules.
• Must be able to furnish adequate equipment for the efficient performance of job duties.
• Must maintain continuing education requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
+ Knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary.
+ Knowledge of legal, medical, and other technical terminology.
+ Ability to read, comprehend, and follow court rules and procedures related to work.
+ Ability to hear accurately and concentrate on what is being said regardless of physical surroundings.
+ Ability to work accurately under stressful situations.
+ Ability to effectively multitask.
+ Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
+ Skilled at typing and using word processing equipment.
+ Must be able sit for long periods of time.
+ Ability to maintain composure during graphic testimony and exhibits throughout proceedings.
+ Certified Court Reporter, as required by Arkansas Supreme Court Rule in good standing.
+ Preferred: Certified Court Manager
Nearest Major Market: Fayetteville