at CDM Smith in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Our Transportation team is growing in the South; we have a new opening for a Sr. Project Manager to manage transit and urban design projects! We are open to this position being based in our Atlanta, Charleston, South Florida office, or possibly another office within the Southern Region.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith’s mission by:
- Managing and serving as the lead Project Manager on major transit and urban design projects throughout the Southeast US with a focus on BRT (Projects could include all design aspects, such as BRT, roadway, drainage, bicycle/pedestrian, and station design. Rail design experience is beneficial.)
- Managing some client relationships with transit agencies, state departments of transportation, and municipal clients
- Arranging, facilitating and preparing for client meetings
- Building and managing relationships with key leaders
- Preparing design and major specifications for major transit design projects
- Assisting in budget, scope and schedule development
- Working as a key team member and task manager throughout the US
- Mentoring junior staff
- Actively participating or assisting in new business development by contributing to strategic planning, marketing, and business operations planning
For more information about our Project Management roles, tools and culture, please visit this website https://bit.ly/2UC8V16.
Sr. Project Manager – Transit and Urban Design
CDM Smith Employment Type:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 years of related experience
- Current PM certification (either PMP; CCM and DBIA) or ability to receive within 12 months of start
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Transit design project management experience
- Experience with bus rapid transit design preferred
- Experience with urban roadway design, including bike/pedestrian design preferred
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Southeast United States
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Experience working with project management methodology including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices. Demonstrates excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Possesses in-depth knowledge of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities. Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients. Ability to interact with many people and process a large volume of requests as necessary. Excellent personal computer skills including strong knowledge in MS Word and Excel. Demonstrates strong organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account