at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s People Data Solutions team is seeking an experienced Associate Technical Program Manager to support the build and delivery of technical solutions for the People and Recruiting Analytics data ecosystems.You’ll be responsible for overseeing the implementation and development of key project management processes and principles. You will lead sprint planning and prioritization meetings, communicate team and project progress, and manage stakeholder requests and feedback. You will also support the team through development of project timelines, gathering technical requirements, and organizing biannual roadmaps.To be successful in this role, you’ll have a passion for process and organization, the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, and enjoy a fast-paced environment. You are a strong communicator and have experience distilling complex concepts into digestible nuggets of information. You will thrive within cross-functional teams and excel at building and managing relationships with internal partners and stakeholders. Creativity, optimism, and out-of-the-box thinking are most welcome.
1. Act with SCRUM Master through running team sprint planning and backlog prioritization meetings
2. Design and scale team project management program and enable these processes with appropriate tools that are built or customized to meet the needs of partner teams
3. Meet and establish strong relationships with teammates and cross-functional stakeholders to organize and batch out complex work-streams
4. Ensuring excellent execution and on-time delivery
5. Support the communications strategy and narrative crafting of product launches and team/product vision
6. Lead intake meetings to vet and triage requests from stakeholders and work with managers to delegate work to key solutions partners
7. Lead cross-functional groups from various disciplines in well-defined sprints, incremental delivery, and forward-looking roadmaps
8. Detail obsessed: Draft PRDs, user stories, acceptance criteria, and test the services yourself as they are being built
9. Evangelize services and products to promote adoption, and stay close to internal customers to learn from real-world usage
10. 2+ years of experience in project management and project management frameworks (e.g. waterfall, agile, kanban, scrum, etc.)
11. Experience building and using business intelligence tools, reporting, or dashboards
12. Proven experience technical acumen and experience to communicate effectively with developers
13. Knowledge with data (querying in SQL), using spreadsheets, etc.
14. Experience working with stakeholders and collecting project and business requirements
15. Effective communication and experience conveying technical and complex problems to senior leadership
16. Experience driving large scale projects and influencing stakeholders towards achieving shared goals
17. Experience leading data-driven projects and communicating the results of analysis and insights to technical and non-technical audiences
18. 1+ years proficient in SQL
19. 1+ years proficient in Tableau
20. 1+ years of experience in management consulting or fast-growing tech company
21. Degree in engineering, Computer Science or other technical discipline preferred
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.