at Americold Logistics, LLC in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
MHE Technician 2
Location : Name
Fort Smith 45
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Perform routine and complex material handling equipment (MHE), repairs and preventative maintenance throughout the warehouse. Provide maintenance support as necessary to ensure operational objectives are met. Perform troubleshooting and repair of material handling equipment and other powered industrial equipment as assigned. Provide outside service provider oversight and monitoring.
* Performs in depth troubleshooting of MHE electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems.
* Rebuilds and/or replaces major components (i.e mast, undercarriage, transmissions, engines/motors, etc.).
* Performs preventative maintenance, repair and adjustment of material handling equipment.
* Inspects forklifts, pallet jacks, and other material handling equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA and operational standards.
* Maintains batteries and chargers in working order in accordance with OSHA Standards.
* Performs routine and complex maintenance on various types of warehouse equipment in accordance with OSHA Standards.
* Tests, maintains, and evaluates equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, and any other testing instruments.
* Conducts tests of safety equipment to ensure OHSA and operational standards.
* Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records within the CMMS system.
* Keeps work area and tools 6S'd (well maintained, clean, organized, etc.), and performs housekeeping duties as required.
* Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
* Shares knowledge, train and develop less experienced technicians.
Qualifications & Experience:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
* 4 years' maintenance experience with a minimum of 2 years' as an MHE technician.
* Formal MHE technical training, such as Hyster, Crown, Toyota, or Raymond, preferred.
* Strong work experience will be considered in lieu of Training Courses during the initial hiring process.
* Required train in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the certification.
* Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP Preferred).
* Basic computer skills required (email, internet searches, basic data entry, etc.).
* Microsoft Office Suite knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Fully competent in MHE knowledge.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
* Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
* Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call.
* Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose down to the component level on all material handling equipment.
* Must show proficiency in SAP PM (CMMS) with respect to their duties and responsibilities within 60 days.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of -20 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation).
* Must be able to work at heights in excess of 35 ft. and be able to access elevated platforms and catwalk
* Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
* Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
* Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Must be able to use hand and power tools.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either naturally or with the aid of eye glasses. Contact lenses are prohibited when working with ammonia.
* Able to work... For full info follow application link.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities, and Drug Free Workforce