at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an Internal Communications Manager for (FRL) Facebook Reality Labs. This person will join the Global Internal Communications team and will be responsible for developing and executing internal communications strategies for a growing, innovative, global organization.
In this role, you will serve as a key counselor to Facebook Reality Labs stakeholders to reach internal audiences — building morale, articulating organization and company-wide strategy, building confidence and trust in leadership, and rallying employees around the organization’s ambitious goals.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who excels at collaborating with executives, colleagues, and other stakeholders to deliver high-quality work. You should be capable of managing multiple cross-functional projects and work streams end to end. Strong drafting and editing skills are essential-specifically the ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to diverse audiences in a clear and concise manner. You should have an understanding of internal communications methodologies, particularly change communication, measurement and analysis, as well as remote and in-person event production. You should be passionate about the services Facebook provides and the people that we serve.
Additional qualities that will serve you well in this role: attention to detail, ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, comfortable working in extreme ambiguity, aptitude for prioritization, and confidence in taking risks and thinking outside the box.
1. Develop and execute communication initiatives in partnership with teams across the Facebook Reality Labs organization.
2. Provide proactive and reactive messaging that supports key initiatives and program rollouts.
3. Understand the unique needs of product, engineering, and business teams (goals, products, tools, process) in order to produce effective and relevant communication strategies.
4. Consult with leadership on their communication priorities and change management initiatives.
5. Write and develop messaging around various topics, including organization and company strategy, priorities, product launches and announcements.
6. Identify opportunities to share organization milestones with the broader company audience.
7. Coordinate with cross-functional teams to implement consistent messaging across the organization.
8. Partner closely with other internal and external communications teams as well as HR, Diversity Equity & Inclusion, and Business Leads to align on communication opportunities.
9. Manage internal communities for FRL, which involves proactively working with content authors, moderating posts, and managing membership.
10. Manage remote and in-person internal events, which includes creating narrative themes, developing executive messaging, and overseeing event logistics.
11. Implement data measurement and analysis strategies to guide communications best practices.
12. Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years professional experience working in internal communications, corporate communications, political campaigns, or nonprofit mission-driven communications.
13. Experience counseling and influencing senior executives.
14. Experience producing content for internal audiences at varying levels across an organization.
15. Experience drafting and turning complex information into relevant, engaging, timely and valuable content.
16. Experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously and to work autonomously including managing remote and in-person events.
17. Experience in solving problems using judgement, data measurement, and analysis, providing practical, timely and effective communications guidance and support.
18. Experience in public relations, journalism, branding and campaigns.
19. Experience communicating to an employee population of technologists and engineers.
20. Experience in the technology industry.
21. Experience leading internal communications campaigns and programming for a remote audience.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account