at Sinco Inc. in Conway, Arkansas, United States
Welder is responsible for laying out and welding fabricated material to assemble structural forms.
1. Select equipment and plan layout, assembly, and welding.
2. Lay out, position, align and fit components together.
3. Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using cutting torch and hand tools.
4. Assemble structural forms to blueprint and specification
5. The ability to work overtime when needed and regular punctual attendance is required.
Key Skills, Competencies and Responsibilities
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in the welding industry with skills in both welding and fabrication.
• Must be skilled in various welding processes including MIG, TIG, ARC, and Flux Core.
• Operate manual and robotic welding equipment.
• Must be proficient in layout, tacking, welding, grinding, and finishing.
• Strong understanding in blueprint and structural drawing reading as well as weld symbols to accurately build products to specified tolerances.
• Must be able to work within a team-based environment to accomplish all aspects of welding and fabrication.
• Knowledge in use of precise measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators and scales.
• Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
• Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, conversions of fractions and decimals.
• A firm knowledge with welding safety and OSHA requirements is required.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• Communicates with management, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues.
• Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to odor, noise, dust, heat, cold, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. frequently. Must be able to climb up on and balance on ladders, scaffolding, stairs and structural steel to heights in excess of 300 feet. Must have excellent vision either naturally or with correction. Must be able to stand for long periods; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl to reach hard to get at work areas; and use hands and arms to reach for, grasp, and manipulate objects. Must be able to tolerate extreme temperatures.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. Schedules may be adjusted by Management based on workflow and demand of product.
No travel required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account