at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a leading logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Human Resources (HR) and Recruiting Support Temp to join the ArcBest team. The HR and Recruiting Support Temp serves as the single point of contact for applicants to ensure pre-employment requirements are met and hired in a timely and efficient manner. THIS IS A TEMPORARY 4-6 WEEK POSITION THAT WILL AVERAGE AROUND 40 HOURS PER WEEK.
Your contribution may include:
- Contact new hire candidates to make contingent verbal job offer.
- Work with partner clinics and candidates to ensure pre-employment drug tests and physicals are completed and that we receive the results in a timely manner.
- Maintain testing supply inventory and ensure clinics have supplies needed to complete exams.
- Review pre-employment physicals to ensure they comply with company and DOT regulations.
- Handle the coding and indexing of medical invoices to be promptly sent for payment.
- Create and send written offer letters and acquire non-solicitation or promissory agreements when required.
- Coordinate road tests.
- Ensure federal compliance by verifying employment eligibility of all new employees with form I-9 and E-Verify.
- Maintain and distribute new hire welcome guides.
- Facilitate all employee changes to maintain validity of employee job profiles, cost centers, and supervisory organizations.
- Track, coordinate, and maintain compliance for DOT physical recertifications including return to work procedures for over 240 Service Centers.
- Process, review, and provide guidance to leadership regarding MVR reports on drivers to ensure all endorsements for drivers are compliant.
- Advise field leadership, clinic personnel and employees regarding DOT physical recertification issues.
- Coordinate retirement documentation, gift, and recognition with retiree, their leadership, and third-party vendors, Corporate Facilities, and Payroll as well as their leadership.
- Review and prepare monthly and quarterly data files for service awards and submit to third-party vendor for service award processing.
- Index pre-hire documents to employee personnel files.
- Initiate and oversee the new hire onboarding process.
- Coordinate with service centers to ensure employees start in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the payment of pre-hire signing bonuses with payroll.
- Schedule Driver Development Program training dates with service centers.
- Create new hire and change payroll advices.
- Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intensive environment.
- Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As a HR and Recruiting Support Temp you will be a member of the ArcBest HR / Talent Management team in Fort Smith, AR. This is a temporary 4-6 week position that will average around 40 hours per week. Typical hours will fall between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm with occasional irregular hours depending on workload.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
Experience: Knowledge of Human Resource practices, preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact 1 firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability