at Robert Half in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Description Robert Half is looking to bring a long-term contract / temporary to full-time Staff Accountant with exceptional organization skills and know-how into a growing organization in the Real Estate Property/Facilities Mgt industry. The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. You will have responsibility for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. You will provide support in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will participate in compliance, review schedules for the reporting processes, and work alongside our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits. This position is very involved as it will produce Cash Flow projections, Budgets, and Financial Statements. This company offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded and the role is based in the Memphis, Tennessee region.
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as needed
- Perform month end close, journal entries with minimum supervision
- Participate in various initiatives spanning multiple departments
- Maintain intricate journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Maintain fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Oversee the creation of monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for reporting to management
- Offer succinct analysis on a wide variety of financial data and communicate it in a clear and concise manner
- Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Help with the implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules Requirements – Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Experience with Complete Expense Reports
- Strong familiarity with GAAP Accounting
- Proven knowledge of Code Invoices
- Command of Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Manage Vendor Relationships experience
- Well-founded grasp of Billing Functions
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience desired
- Skilled with ERP systems
- Detailed and have the ability work independently
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.