at Mars, Incorporated in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Job DescriptionThis is an entry level Operations Manager position which supervises a multi-production area on one shift of operation. This manager will coordinate the short-term activities of this area within established guidelines and standards to produce the highest quality, lowest cost product in the safest and most efficient manner. This line manager will facilitate associate growth through development planning and conducting/coordinating any/all necessary training for both the individual associates and the team, as required. This manager will implement and enforce established policy and strategy.
Continuous improvement is a key aspect of this role. The manager will accomplish this through Mars Supply Excellence - building associate capability and encouraging/enforcing equipment ownership to reduce equipment short stops and breakdowns and maintain equipment at base condition.
- Manufacturing Conversion - Manage the efforts of operating teams of a multi-line area or technology on one shift in the efficient conversion of materials into quality products in a safe, secure and sanitary manner within the product design specifications.
- Change Agent - Recommend and implement changes in methods, equipment, systems and organization, as needed, to assure that the objectives of the line/area are met.
- Associate Advocacy - Manage associate relations issues and guide and direct the hiring, training, retraining, development and motivation of Operations associates following self-managed, team working principles with a minimum degree of guidance from the Operations Manager. Gallup Engagement surveys will be used to determine individual effectiveness in this area and assure site to site consistency.
- Goal Setting and Measurement - With the general guidance of the Production Manager and through Operations teams, establish line performance standards and goals and measure, control, take corrective action and report results as appropriate.
- Troubleshooting - At this stage of technical development, and under the general guidance of the Operations Manager, the Line Manager utilizes the technical resources on shift for the preventive maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of process/packaging equipment problems, with the objective of effectively using these resources to achieve desired performance levels.
- Communications - Ensure that open communications are established and that opportunities to broaden the scope and responsibility of Operations teams/associates are undertaken.
- Technology Advancement - Advise the Production Manager when opportunities exist for moving the line/area forward in technological change.
- Operations Strategy - Participate with the Operations Manager in the implementation of improvement strategies that will help the line/area perform more effectively in the near term.
- Associate Development - Evaluate associate performance and develop, in conjunction with associate's plans, to challenge their potential.
- Personal Development - Keep abreast of the managerial and technical competencies, both within and outside Mars Petcare US.
- This position and all site associates are responsible for quality and food safety
Job Specifications /Qualifications
Education & Professional Qualifications
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent, preferably in an engineering discpline, basic sciences or business related disciplines
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity