at EY in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The Director of Experience Management directs the resource management activities within the Assurance service line and is responsible for overseeing the staffing functions within the service line and across sub-areas. This responsibility includes planning the processes of the service line so that the resource management teams are strategically facilitating the assignment of appropriately trained and experienced personnel to client engagements, managing the utilization of location resources, aligning resources with the service line’s strategic plan and promoting the development of staff.
Essential Functions of the Job
• Develops strategy, policies and procedures for the Resource Management function within the Assurance service line.
• Provides policy for short term and strategic planning to the Assurance service line resource management teams in the sub-areas.
• Based on regular review of actual and projected utilization, anticipates future staffing needs.
• Facilitates the service line resource management teams to take action to decrease unassigned time and initiates staffing changes as necessary to spread the workload as evenly as possible.
• Promotes and monitors sharing of resources across sub-areas and service lines.
• Works with the service line to play an active role in staff evaluations (round tables), promotions, compensation and other people matters.
• Serves as mentor/counselor to the service line resource management team regarding client assignments as needed; focuses on career development.
• Serves as the business owner of the service line’s scheduling system for the firm. Responsible for the following activities:
+ Development of implementation and deployment strategy.
+ Oversight of on-going maintenance and support of the scheduling system.
+ Responsible for new development activities so that enhancements meet the needs of the service line leaders in a cost effective manner.
• Manages the Resource Sharing Program/Tax Rotator International Program.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities
• Establishes goals and pursues projects that are related to the strategic direction of the Resource Management function.
• Makes decisions and/or recommendations that have a US impact, as well as international impact, specifically, but not limited to, working with Canadian Assurance Experience Management teams.
• Position requires a high level of complex, conceptual problem-solving ability, a wide sphere of influence and a broad-based network
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
• Strong communication skills
• Receives only general direction as to overall goals and objectives. Work is reviewed only for results obtained.
• Responsible for the direct/indirect management of the Resource management team.
• Limited travel may be required pending business needs
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
12+ years of experience. Experience in a professional services firm is desired.
This job description is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions and functions may vary depending on the particular geographic location of the job and/or the manager. Further, the job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.