at Robert Half in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Description Our ideal Bookkeeper candidate will be able to thrive under tight deadlines with minimal supervision while performing as a self-driven and organized accounting professional. We have a client looking to hire a new Full Charge Bookkeeper. In this role, the Full Charge Bookkeeper will direct journal entries, month-end close, cash flow, financial statement preparation, audit, full cycle A/P, payroll, and bank reconciliations. The clerical staff will report to the Full Charge Bookkeeper. This permanent employment opportunity is based in the Memphis, Tennessee area. Submit an application for this position now!
How you will make an impact
- Set up subcontractor 1099’s, and any other IRS year-end requirement
- Secondary assignment when necessary
- Accounts Receivable
- Create cash account journal entries including loans, taxes, bank fees, 401(k) deductions, etc.
- File cash flow projections, as needed
- Accomplished in credit card management and reconciliation
- Business license and gross receipts reporting
- Index budget transfers
- Classify sales tax records and create and file quarterly payments
- Maintain Accounts Payable
- Maintain monthly accounting close
- Produce monthly reconciliations, financial statements and all supporting documents Requirements – Attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement- Dynamic accounting experience, including as a Bookkeeper preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business-related field preferred
- Vow to meet business deadlines- 5+ years of related experience- Month end closings experience desired
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to implement solutions, strong analytical and communication skills as well
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.