at Robert Half in Rogers, Arkansas, United States
Description The strongest candidates for this Collections Specialist position will be natural leaders driven by a strong sense of accomplishment, and focused, detail-oriented thinkers with backgrounds in accounting, finance or business administration. This Collections Specialist role will be based in the Rogers, Arkansas region and will be a long-term contract / temporary to hire employment opportunity. Nourish your career as an experienced Collections Specialist at a growing company in the Transport when you contact Robert Half today!
What you get to do every single day
- Head all billing and reporting activities in response to deadlines
- Maintain and update customer files to sustain data integrity
- Accurately process bankruptcy filings when received
- Comply with all Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act rules and regulations
- Ensure the processing of payments
- Act as liaison in maintaining quality customer service and a positive company image by resolving customer account inquiries
- Document all customer payments to the right reports
- Identify delinquent customer accounts through various means, e.g. skip-tracing, written correspondence, phone contact, and making arrangements for payment
- Handle inbound and outbound collections calls and correspondence Requirements
- Commercial collections experience
- Proven knowledge of Verbal Instructions
- Billing Collection experience preferred
- Foundational knowledge in Basic Computer Skills
- General familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Written Communication
- Collection Processes experience
- Well-founded grasp of Microsoft Excel
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting preferred
- 1+ years of prior high volume collections experience
- Earlier experience working with various types of accounting software desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and make decisions on customer accounts
+ Intermediate working knowledge of all Microsoft software applications specifically Excel formulas and formatting
+ Experience with outlook, skype, and internet based share point databases is a plus
+ Knowledge of Oracle financial system, McLeod, or other comparable ERP systems is a plus
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.