at Crafton Tull & Associates, Inc. in Rogers, Arkansas, United States
SUMMARY: Plans, designs, and directs engineering projects such as streets, roads, residential and commercial developments, municipal projects including water and sewer systems, institutional facilities, industrial facilities, drainage projects, channels, and assists project managers by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographic and geologic data to plan and design project;
• Calculates cost, determines feasibility of project based on analysis of collected data, and prepares detailed cost estimates;
• Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to create engineering and design documents;
• Prepares and modifies reports, specifications, plans, cost estimates, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, legal documentation, easements, and designs for project;
• Meets with client periodically to coordinate changes, inform client of additional requirements, receive input from the client, answer client questions, and resolve issues;
• Coordinates with government officials to obtain required approval and permits for assigned projects;
• Coordinates project activity with appropriate officials, support staff, subcontractors, labs, and other entities;
• Tracks project progress and prepares reports of activity in accordance with regulations, company policy and client needs;
• Researches regulations, products, and design techniques to provide answers to client needs;
• Keeps abreast of changing techniques, materials, codes, regulations and software through attendance at seminars, briefings and other forums; and
• Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
COMPETENCIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Detail oriented
• Planning, organizing, and coordinating
• Excellent communications skills - listening, understanding, and responding
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Innovative thinking
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree (BS) from an accredited Engineering school in a four-year college or university. One to two years of experience is highly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must be a licensed Engineer Intern (EI) and be working toward license as a Professional Engineer, (PE).
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to write speeches and publication articles that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status