at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Who we are
ArcBest Technologies, an ArcBest® company, is an innovative technology company that provides custom-built solutions and leading-edge technologies that help our customers and suppliers successfully navigate the complex supply chain landscape. Our team is made up of highly engaged and creative tech and analytical professionals – engineers, mathematicians, data scientists, software developers, information system specialists and more – who create smart solutions that deliver value to our customers and keep the global supply chain moving. We’re building the future of logistics.
ArcBest Technologies is headquartered in Fort Smith, Arkansas.
Our people are at the heart of our success, and we offer a workplace that embraces all cultures, perspectives, and experiences – so we can provide the best atmosphere for our employees and the best service to our customers. If that sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Data Engineer I to join the ArcBest Technologies team. The Data Engineer I at ArcBest Technologies is responsible for designing and implementing scalable high-performance data solutions that support our roadmap comprised of use cases in the areas of cognitive, descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analytics. This position works closely with data analysts, data architects, data scientists, business stakeholders and IT to design and build data solutions that efficiently deliver actionable insights. The Data Engineer I is responsible for enhancing the processes involved in the collection, storage, processing, and presentation of data empowering data consumers to make informed decisions.
Your contribution may include:
- Collaborate with data analysts, data scientists, product owners, and project stakeholders to ensure actionable insights are securely enabled by appropriate data technologies.
- Communicate project status updates, issues, and risks in a timely manner.
- Design, build, and maintain frameworks and infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, ingestion, and integration of data from a wide variety of internal and external data sources.
- Engineer efficient, adaptable, and scalable data pipelines to process structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
- Ensure data pipeline telemetry metrics are captured and alerts defined to enable actionable monitoring, performance tuning, and compliance reporting.
- Implement data pipelines in accordance with established best practices.
- Monitor data pipelines to ensure efficiency of process and correctness of results, including on-call responsibilities.
- Mentor, coach, and train data teams on best practices, standards, and emerging data engineering and data processing techniques.
- Participate in peer design and code review sessions to ensure quality and adherence to development standards.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms.
- Reinforce adherence to established change management practices to ensure availability, performance, and reliability of systems impacted by the change.
- Streamline data flows to remove unnecessary costs and improve consistency, timeliness, quality, security, and delivery of data.
- Ensure data is properly catalogued.
- Discover, research, and integrate new data sources.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As a Data Engineer I, you will be a member of the Data Solutions team in Fort Smith, AR. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with irregular and on call hours that may occur depending on workload. A flexible working schedule may be available after six months of employment, subject to approval by the supervising director.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Master’s degree in Information Systems or related field, preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
Experience: Extensive experience in designing, building, deploying, maintaining, and optimizing enterprise grade software.
Working experience in database design and development, data integration and ingestion, ETL/ELT dataflows, performance tuning SQL queries, and implementing advanced query techniques.
Computer Skills: Proficient in at least one programming languages such as C, C++, C#, Go, Java, Python, or PySpark and source code control systems such as GIT, TFS, Subversion, etc.
Experience working on data extraction, data ingestion, data integration, database design and development, and ETL/ELT lifecycle management.
Understanding of analytical data models, including star schema.
Other Requirements: Understanding of modern data warehouse architecture and data warehousing concepts. Knowledge of structured query language (SQL).
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact 4 firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/DisabilityTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account