at Crafton Tull & Associates, Inc. in Conway, Arkansas, United States
SUMMARY: Assists land survey Party Chief in surveying earth's surface to determine precise location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, areas, and contours for construction, land division, titles, or other purposes by performing the following duties.
*This position has been designated as safety sensitive*
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Holds level or stadia rod at designated points to assist in determining elevations and laying out stakes for mapmaking, construction, mining, land, and other surveys.
• Operates land survey equipment as directed by the Party Chief.
• Marks points of measurement with elevation, station number, or other identifying mark.
• Marks measuring points with keel (marking crayon), paint sticks, scratches, tacks, or stakes.
• Places stakes at designated points and drives them into ground at specified elevation.
• Cuts and clears brush and trees from line of survey.
• Maintains, cleans, and services survey equipment and vehicles.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
COMPETENCIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Detail oriented
• Planning, organizing and coordinating
• Excellent communications skills - Listening, understanding and responding
• Teamwork and Cooperation
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge industry standard software, computer-aided drafting, GIS and GPS.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a valid driver license and have a clean driving record.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status