at Centennial Bank in Conway, Arkansas, United States
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Sr E Banking Processing Specialist will process daily incoming/outgoing ACH Files from Fed. Process daily ACH same day transactions, returns, chargebacks, IATs, authorization requests and exception items on a scheduled basis daily. Receives and processes reclamations and death notices. Provides customer service to bank employees as it relates to ACH services for returns and authorization requests. Ensures prompt resolutions to customer complaints and issues (both internal and external). Serves as backup to ebanking processing team lead to ensure wire recall requests are handled promptly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Processes incoming, outgoing ACH Files including same day ACH transactions on strict time schedule. This duty is performed daily, about 15% of the time.
2. Processes ACH Returns, Chargebacks, IATs, Authorization Requests and Exception Items. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
3. Provides customer service to bank employees for ACH services. This duty is performed daily, about 25% of the time.
4. Provides customer service for ACH Returns and Authorization Requests. This duty is performed daily, about 15% of the time.
5. Receives and processes Reclamations and Death Notices. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
6. Assists with Fraud detection and research. This duty is performed weekly, about 5% of the time.
7. Ensures prompt resolution of customer complaints and issues (both internal and external). This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
8. Ensures prompt processing of wire recall requests. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
9. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually.
10. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
11. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school or GED, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a specific skill area; e.g. data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc, plus 2 years related experience and/or training, and 1 to 6 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and understand simple instructions, short correspondence, notes, letters and memos; Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to utilize common sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of a routine nature.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: 10-Key, Alphanumeric Data Entry
Basic: Accounting, Other, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Periodically exposed to such elements as noise, intermittent standing, walking, occasionally pushing, carrying, or lifting; but none are present to the extent of being disagreeable.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Highly repetitive, low physical. Highly repetitive type of work which requires concentration in the performance of tasks for consistent time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Must possess a demonstrated ability to navigate various software. Must possess strong communication skills and good documentation and organizational skills. Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as accomplish work assignments under minimal supervision and sometimes tight schedules is a must.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Experience with ACH and Banking systems required. Experience with NACHA Operating Rules and FIS Bankway a plus.