at FIRST SECURITY BANK (Jax) in Benton, Arkansas, United States
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision and guidance of the assigned manager; accepts and processes transactions from the bank’s customers by personal contact, mail, and night deposit. Identifies customer needs and refers to appropriate personnel. Cross train to perform customer services, such as opening new accounts, establishing direct deposit accounts, opening retirement accounts and providing efficient and quality customer service.
- Provide customers with exceptional customer service and execute operational excellence. In person: Greet every customer with a smile, maintain eye contact, call them by name, stay connected in conversation and let them know they are appreciated. When on the telephone: Speak with a smile, call them by name, stay connected in the conversation and let them know they are appreciated.
- Process deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, issue Cashier’s Checks, and cash checks, securing proper identification and following teller policies and procedures. Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete hold notices. Identify counterfeit currency. Ability to use mathematical skills using money (add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers) will be required.
- Visually review customer transactions verifying necessary information. Count and balance cash using teller platform. Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded. Scan all proof work through branch capture machine.
- Receives mortgage, consumer and other loan payments.
- Ability to articulate effectively with customers by answering questions in person or on telephone and refers customers to other bank services as necessary. Constantly communicate and exchange information with external and internal customers. Ability to use common sense understanding in order to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Promote bank services and products following appropriate cross-selling procedures or directing client to appropriate bank personnel. Refer customers to the proper department for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line. Ability to read and interpret documents and write routine correspondence via MS Outlook.
- Adhere to daily opening and closing procedures. Follow prescribed security and safety measures. Secure coin and currency at closing ensuring that cash drawers and safes are locked in vault.
- Maintain currency and coin supply as prescribed by bank policy. Manually count, verify and strap currency. Process coin by selling to the vault in accordance with cash limit and coin policy. Lifting of coin and currency up to 50 pounds as needed.
- Assist with night deposits, mail deposits and ATM deposits as needed.
- Maintain customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Complete Currency Transaction Report (CTR) and Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) as needed. Detect and inform the Bank Secrecy Act Officer of any activities that appear to be suspicious, or that involve fraud, insider abuse and/or other activities where a SAR should be considered as needed.
- Inform Banking Center Manager and/or Retail Operation Manager of department activities and of any problems, concerns or outages exceeding $50.00.
- Assist internal customers (other personnel) and executive management as requested.
- Admitting customers to their safe-deposit boxes.
- Assist with resolving teller outages and research to resolve discrepancies.
- Provide quality service by answering questions, telephone inquiries, and provide information on bank services. Handle or provide assistance to other tellers with unusual transactions and answer difficult customer inquiries.
- Identify Fraudulent transactions, review current concerns with management and become well-informed on new suspicious activities.
- Obtain training in executing wire transfers.
- Will occasionally position self to maintain and ensure that the teller station is properly stocked with supplies and marketing items. Occasionally move about inside office to access cabinets, vault, office machinery, maintain equipment for printer and additional bank office devices.
- Operate telephone, scanner and copier. Computer skills including strong knowledge in MS Office Outlook, typing, 10 key and the internet. Repetitive movement of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers to handle currency, operate computer, use phone, keyboard, printer, money counter and drive thru tube. Proficiency with internal bank software will be required.
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and work cooperatively with other co-workers
- Complete all on-line compliance Training courses timely.
- Additional duties may be assigned or required by management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Please Note: Saline County Bank tellers will be required to be cross-trained in Customer Service Representative duties.
If candidates possess prior banking customer service representative / new accounts experience, candidates could be considered for a position of Teller/CSR. These additional duties include: Determine personal and business customer needs for the bank services and products, opens accounts, closing accounts, cross-sells bank products, verifies that all signature cards and papers are completed. Various other duties that apply to customer service accounts. Answering phone calls, balancing checkbooks, stop payments, research, resolutions, posting transfers, and forgeries.
- Ability to maintain and balance a cash drawer with accuracy. Sales experience, cash handling, customer service, bank, or other financial service provider experience preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age to apply.
Required Education: High school diploma or general education degree required.
We encourage bi-lingual applicants to apply!
Scheduled Hours: 40 Hours:
Employees must be available to be scheduled between 7:45 am – 6:15 pm Monday – Friday
Saturday Rotation: 8:45 am – 12:30 pm.
We are unable to work around school schedules or outside employment during our business hours.
Please view our website at www.fsbank.com to view our banking locations and find our benefits on the Join First Security Link.