at PepsiCo in Rogers, Arkansas, United States
Auto req ID: 248021BR
We are PepsiCo!
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is inspired by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams adopting new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
The Demand Xcelerator (DX) team represents a transformation of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership and Space resources supporting Sales and Marketing plans across the PepsiCo portfolio. This approach allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused programs to drive growth with our customers.
As a Category Manager, you will deliver strategic insight in support of the PepsiCo Snacks Walmart Sales Team. Specifically, this role will work to identify market trends, competitive threats, brand strategies and customer strategies in order to increase sales and market share.
* Primary responsibility is to be a thought leader and “go-to” resource for all category, shopper and consumer trends, and merchandising solutions for the Customer Sales Team. Using POS, Syndicated, and Panel data, analyze category across markets, shoppers, and consumers to make business-building recommendations for both portfolio and category growth.
* Secondary responsibilities include leveraging multiple data sources to gain a deep understanding of consumer and shopper behavior and interactions across products, geographies, cohorts, and occasions. This analysis will be used to drive the Customer Team’s strategic planning process.
As a Category Manager within the DX, you have an opportunity to assist in immediate and long-term impacts in a changing snacking category. You will drive the discovery and use of shopper, consumer, customer and market insights to drive Frito Lay Walmart Customer Team strategies, foods and snacks category strategies and planning, Walmart Customer communication, and initiatives that enhance both brand and category performance. This work includes new product introductions, pricing analyses, seasonal reviews and programs, promotional planning and evaluation, consumer usage analyses, understanding the impact of assortment changes on category and brand growth.
You will also be required to:
* Utilize syndicated consumer and market data for the purposes of uncovering compelling insights
* Leverage shopper and consumer insights in the development of category strategies and retailer relevant sell stories.
* Integrate information from many sources and develop actionable insights and recommendations
* Provide expert analysis and insight to Customer Team members so they are able to effectively make optimal decisions in the marketplace, and share that learning across the broader organization.
* Keeps abreast of developments and best practices in category management. It is expected that you will pursue the knowledge needed to improve departmental capabilities and improve professional competence.
* Participate in account strategic planning process.
* Act as a strong, clear, objective, and inspiring voice of enterprise Customer Team
* Utilize both internal and 3rd party consumer/market trends and analysis’ to inform portfolio strategies for the Customer Team.
* Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA a plus.
* 5 + years of Category Management / Insights / Analytics experience within the consumer packaged goods industry
* 3-5 years’ experience in analyzing and interpreting data.
* Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking and thought leadership skills.
* Strong PC skill set (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
* Experience with standard data resources and solutions (Syndicated POS, Panel, Retail Link, RSI).
* Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to interact confidently and effectively with team members, management and the customer.
* Collaboration is essential in this role as the person will work very closely with account sales leads, cross-functional teams as well as the retailer directly
* Strong planning/organizing skills; the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
* Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy