at MGM Resorts International in Robinsonville, Mississippi, United States
The Cook is responsible to prepare cold/hot food items according to their outlets menu and recipe standards and customer request. To assure preparation and service is of the highest possible quality in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
• Knowledgeable of menu items and recipes for each kitchen station worked.
• Identifies and informs the Chef regarding any problems on station.
• Works rapidly and accurately.
• Utilizes proper food handling techniques following health and safety standards.
• Maintains proper stocking of assigned stations knows the mise en place.
• Cleans and organizes work areas.
• Pays attention to details.
• Maintains good communication and teamwork skills.
• Assists Chef in menu preparation, service and breakdown of function.
• Capable of working in public on live stations and maintaining superior appearance standards.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent and two years high volume cooking experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must have knowledge of kitchen equipment and good knife skills
• Must be capable of following directions and read recipes
• Must possess good recall and memory
• Must be able to speak, read and write English
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently standing, walking, listening, speaking and smelling.
• Frequently walking distances of 10 to 30 ft., between various areas of department. Frequently walking distances up to 300 ft.
• Frequently using wrist motion, dexterity, and eye-hand coordination, reaching, twisting and balancing.
• Frequently lifting 55lbs. Occasionally carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 1200 lbs.
Work performed in climate-controlled environment with occasional hot and cold temperature changes. Employee will be required to stand on concrete floors, tiles/mats and walk on uneven or wet surfaces. Employee will be exposed to Knives, and mechanical kitchen equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular scheduled hours. Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.
- starting at $14 an hour *********************************
AMAZING benefits including:
+ Full medical, dental and vision coverage starting at $22 a pay check for employee only (Coverage through Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield)
+ 401k Company Match Program
+ Student loan payback programs
+ Free, paid hot lunch
+ Free uniforms
+ Free onsite medical clinic for employees and their dependents
+ Much more!
As a Cook, you will be responsible for skillfully applying culinary techniques. You will also set the stage for guest experience with your welcoming smile and service. By understanding their unique stories and needs, you will own their experience to create WOW memories they will carry with them far and beyond their stay with us.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
+ Maintain solid knowledge of food products and skillfully apply culinary techniques
+ Identify and safely use kitchen equipment
+ Restock kitchen supplies and food items required for service
+ Properly label and date products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation
+ Maintain solid menu knowledge and attention to detail with plate presentation
+ Assist Master Cook, Pantry and Kitchen workers in execution of service
+ Maintain solid knowledge, understanding and preparation of base sauces, stocks and soups
+ Work as a team, assist all guests and employees needs and inquiries
+ Communicate with management, chef and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issue or needs requested by guests and employees
+ Perform other job-related duties as requested
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
+ Knowledgeable of weights, measures and various cooking techniques
+ Knowledge of knives and knife skills, standard kitchen equipment and supplies, including, but not limited to toasters, refrigerators, coolers, slicers, beverage machines, Cryovac machine and smallwares
+ Knowledge of health, safety and sanitation regulations
+ Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts
+ High school diploma or equivalent
+ One (1) year of experience as a Cook in a fast paced, high-volume restaurant
+ Work varied shifts, to include weekends and holidays
+ Two (2) years of experience in a similar resort setting
+ Formal Culinary training
MGM Resorts International is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, MGM Resorts International will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
MGM Resorts International believes in providing opportunity for every employee to grow, develop and succeed in a work environment where you can be your best. We encourage you to explore our job opportunities. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact our Corporate Diversity and Disability Outreach department at 1-844-247-0370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org