at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Software Developer II to join the ArcBest Technologies team. The Software Developer II implements and improves IT systems, analyzes system requirements and addresses any relevant problems. This position also performs standard testing and provides solutions to ensure high levels of performance and security. The Software Developer II ultimately translates internal and external clients’ needs into new high-quality IT systems.
Your contribution may include:
- Execute full lifecycle software development.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Identify system requirements.
- Consult with business partners to track software requirements and features.
- Collaborate with other developers to produce new systems.
- Validate changes by testing programs.
- Train users on new operating systems and provide support.
- Ensure deadline requirements are met.
- Stay up to date with current technologies and technical developments.
- Formulate and implement solutions to problems.
- Communicate with customers as appropriate to elicit and gather requirements.
- Understand business requirements and translate to IT specifications.
- Utilize appropriate organizational methods, tools, and techniques for requirements analysis.
- Participate in the preparation of detailed documentation and requirements as needed.
- Ensure the testing of applications at various stages throughout the development process.
- Design application tests to ensure adherence to functional and quality requirements.
- Evaluate key issues and considerations for testing client/server and web-based applications.
- Estimate time, effort and resources required for thorough testing.
- Interpret considerations for selecting an optimal testing environment for specific applications.
- Create test scenarios that ensure all error handling processes perform as expected.
- Research and verify business needs and expectations.
- Make presentations and write reports needed for own work in a clear and understandable way for the intended audience.
- Communicate the importance of business needs/expectations and commit to resolving them.
- Solicit business feedback and acts on improvement opportunities.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As the Software Developer II, you will be a member of the ArcBest Tech Information Technology team. Your work hours will be Monday through Friday, with flexible hours between 6:00 am – 6:00 pm. On-call responsibilities required and irregular hours depending on workload.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field, preferably with strong academic achievements.
Experience: Minimum, three years’ experience as a Software Developer or equivalent experience.
Computer Skills: Strong working knowledge of programming languages, such as C# or other Net languages, as well as modern web-based technologies. Familiarity with mainframe technologies is beneficial. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact 1 firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability