at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Program Manager with Enterprise Infrastructure Environment experience. The Infrastructure Services and Operational Support (ISOS) team designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes to support all aspects of Lab and Data center operations. In this role, you will work closely with Facebook Lab teams, Data center teams, Network, Software and Production Engineers, key Infrastructure business stakeholders, and end users to devise technical solutions for business problems and own delivery from concept to creation. The Program Manager will support our global team’s deployment requirements, operations, and tools. Labs are an extremely critical environment for FB Engineers to work on new and exciting future technologies before they are released to the customers or deployed to our Data Centers.
1. Deploy and manage Infrastructure support for new hardware projects in the Lab or Data Center environment.
2. Work closely with TPMs, Production Engineering, Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, and cross-functional Infra teams such as Lab Technicians/DC Operations to drive high-impact projects to successful completion.
3. Lead an ambiguous space and establish a solid program around it with defined goals, program charter, long term roadmaps, metrics, communication plan, Roles & responsibilities, status reports etc.
4. Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices and drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions. Drive continual improvement of systems and data workflows, dependency mapping, overall process and phase exit criteria and validation.
5. Oversee roll-out of new tools, processes and workflows, regularly update stakeholders on progress and challenges/issues.
6. Elicit detailed business and technical requirements by engaging the business to capture clear functional design artifacts using techniques like use cases, technical specs, systems and data diagrams and process flow diagrams.
7. Provide hands-on tactical program management during new hardware development and onboarding phases.
8. Lead all tools and operations integration activities including driving tooling integration for manual workflow for supporting the hardware lifecycle in the Lab environment from Deploy to Decommission.
9. Identify areas of risk and drive mitigation with subject matter experts within the organization.
10. 10+ years of work experience in Product or Technical Program Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space.
11. Demonstrated experience adapting and learning new skill sets.
12. Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with focus under pressure.
13. Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking experience getting things done in a fast-paced environment.
14. Communication experience across technical and non-technical stakeholders.
15. Independent in examination and analysis, as well as results oriented.
16. Experience collaborating with different individuals across external organizations, within other geographies, and “roll-up the sleeves” to accomplish all necessary tasks Cross-functional leadership skills.
17. Action-orientated with the experience of getting things done and overcome obstacles and develop solutions to problems.
18. Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within diverse and cross-functional teams.
19. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems engineering, electrical engineering, MIS, or a related field.
20. Systems development and deployment experience.
21. Experience of operations software project management.
22. Knowledge of compute, storage and networking technologies.
23. Data center or Lab operations knowledge.
24. Automation and enterprise tooling experience.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account