at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
We are seeking the most creative and exceptionally talented engineering leaders to join Facebook in the Engineering Manager role, for our Business Process & Technology (BP&T Engineering) team. The BP&T Engineering team builds analytics and workflow applications for the GMS organization, which enables millions of advertisers that use Facebook every day to connect with their customers and communities. You should be energized by finding patterns amid chaos, acting on and resolving issues quickly, and enjoy solving business problems through technology. Your work on this team will enable our sales and marketing teams to help our customers grow their business through tools and automation. Software Engineering Managers are clearly characterised by progressive technical experience and demonstrated progression in management responsibility. You have also kept your coding skills sharp and bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment.
1. Be both highly technical and an effective people manager.
2. Effectively scale the team by attracting and mentoring extraordinary people at various levels of experience to grow a well-balanced, high performing team.
3. Measure the impact of your team and set clear expectations and goals. Support performance management to recognize high performance and support those who are struggling.
4. Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers. Advocate for the team’s technical interests and needs.
5. Empower and demonstrate the open Facebook engineering culture.
6. Collaborate with various functions, drive engineering initiatives and have an impact at an organizational level.
7. Develop strong relationships and work cross-functionally with many partners across organizations and functions, and as a result, increase the impact of the team’s work.
8. Partner with leadership to influence and drive org design, contribution and prioritization.
9. Lead teams that deliver on multiple projects of increasing dependencies in an ambiguous or high-impact area.
10. 5+ years of software engineering work experience, including hands-on technical management building holistic web-based software solution, API design, and interactions between servers and clients
12. Demonstrated experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
13. BA/BS/MS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, relevant work experience)
14. Software engineering experience in React, GraphQL, Relay or similar technologies.
15. Software engineering experience in Hack, Python or similar technologies.
16. Experience working with cross-functional teams.
17. Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account