at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s products give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. The Facebook Health Technology team supports this mission in the discovery, development, and delivery of clinically validated health and wellness tools that have the potential to improve both individual and public health outcomes, at Facebook scale. The Facebook Health Technology team is seeking a Research Scientist who will serve as a Lead for Clinical Algorithms development on the Health Technology Research team. The Clinical Algorithms Lead will report to the Director of Health Technology Research and will work closely with engineering teams on clinical algorithm development for digital health projects aimed at improving morbidity, mortality and inequity in health outcomes throughout the world. The ideal candidate will have deep expertise in physiology, cardiac/vascular physics, and/or vascular flow modeling, and in the development and validation of clinical algorithms. Ideally, they will also have experience working with wearable biosensors and modeling (e.g. modeling analysis measurement) of biosensor signals in developing clinical algorithms. They can directly manage the technical aspects of physiological algorithm development from data input to modeling to working with engineering teams, to achieve concrete research and product development goals. The ideal candidate also brings a wealth of experience working in interdisciplinary teams, in successfully executing high quality research/validation studies, and understands the goals and needs required to develop high quality digital products. A successful candidate in this role is highly collaborative as well as self-driven, passionate, and able to execute consistently in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will work in and closely with interdisciplinary teams of product managers, engineers, analysts, clinicians and researchers to plan and execute research and validation of novel digital approaches to measuring and improving health and wellness.
1. Help lead planning and execution of physiological algorithm development as part of research and validation of novel digital health tools to measure and improve health and wellness
2. Lead modeling of biosensor signals to inform engineering teams in developing clinical algorithms
3. Provide domain expertise to help inform research aims, methods, and protocols for the Health Technology Research team
4. Partner across research, engineering and product, providing physiologic and research expertise
5. 10+ years of relevant experience and demonstrated expertise in cardiovascular physiology, cardiac and/or vascular physics and modeling, and/or clinical algorithm development in academic or commercial settings
6. Experience working in multidisciplinary research and/or product development teams
7. Evidence of direct involvement in the modeling and development of clinical algorithms that have been validated, ideally based on biosensor data
8. PhD and/or other relevant advanced degree(s)
9. Experience in digital health technology product development and/or research, with demonstration of success working with researchers, engineers and product teams.
10. Experience with biosensor data (e.g. PPG or other biosensor data), signal processing, pulse waveform analysis, and/or vascular flow modeling to inform clinical algorithms.
11. Strong scientific publication record.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account