at Arkansas Federal Credit Union in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Programmer Analyst II serves as a lead programmer in support of IT and strategic initiatives throughout the organization. This position works closely with business analysts, testing analysts, and department subject matter experts to deliver custom applications and other innovative solutions. Development solutions should progress through the System Development Life Cycle, including initiation, analysis, design, testing, implementation, and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Self-directed and results oriented providing efficient solutions to resolve technical problems using forwarding and creative thinking. Strong problem solver with attention to details and focus on quality. Effectively plan, prioritize, and manage development initiatives including working on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to articulate and work collaboratively with technical and non-technical members.
- Database architecture experience with Microsoft SQL, Oracle, MySQL, and Mongo DB.
- Utilize the System Development Life Cycle on a daily basis including initiation, concept development, planning, requirement analysis, design, development, implementation, and maintenance.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to lead or to participate as a subject matter expert in projects. Able to conceptualize complex and robust infrastructures to handle project requirements efficiently and effectively. Able to monitor the project status and provide updates to project stakeholders.
- Ensure development solutions are aligned with the requirements, are efficient and require a minimum amount of maintenance. Ensure the stability, scalability, and performance of development solutions. Ensure ample documentation of requirements, pseudo-code, design, flow, prototype, user documentation, etc.
- Provide leadership to peers including mentorship to new or less experienced team members. Confidently review and support another developer’s code by the creating and following the standards set by the credit union.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.