in Boone County, AR
The SENIOR SERVICES TRANSPORT OPERATOR is directly supervised by the CENTER DIRECTOR and generally supervised by the DIRECTOR OF SENIOR SERVICES. Operates vehicle in accordance with all traffic laws; adheres to preventive maintenance guidelines; keeps accurate records; assures security of vehicle; reports promptly any accidents involving vehicle or client; delivers meals (if applicable); assists in planning of special bus trips; performs general maintenance at Senior Center; attends drivers' training when scheduled; performs other duties as assigned.
THIS IS A SAFETY-SENSITIVE JOB FOR PURPOSES OF THE ARKANSAS MEDICAL MARIJUANA AMENDMENT
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- OPERATES VEHICLE IN ACCORDANCE WITH ALL TRAFFIC LAWS: drives van in a safe and stable manner following all traffic laws; prevents smoking, eating or drinking on vehicle; assists passengers on and off van; assists passengers with parcels; keeps Center Director apprized of ridership, and assists in planning routes to offer maximum service at minimum mileage; notifies clients in advance of route changes or cancellations.
- FOLLOWS PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE GUIDELINES: performs pre/post daily inspection of van at beginning and end of route; monitors mechanical condition and safety of vehicle daily; reports needed repairs to Center Director immediately; reports maintenance needs based on Vehicle Preventive Maintenance Schedule guidelines which includes oil change and servicing every 3,000 miles (guidelines attached); keeps records of maintenance and repairs according to guidelines; cleans vehicle routinely (washes exterior weekly and sweeps or vacuums interior daily).
- KEEPS ACCURATE RECORDS: completes Daily Vehicle Log as required and submits to Center Director by end of each workday; completes Home-Delivered Meal Route Form (if applicable) and submits to Center Director at end of route; records maintenance/repair information to include odometer readings at time of each incident; ensures all fuel invoices contain vehicle number, license plate number, odometer reading and driver's signature.
- ASSURES SECURITY OF VEHICLE: parks vehicle in safe, approved location; locks all doors and windows when vehicle is unattended; maintains a locking gas cap to protect from vandalism; reports vandalism immediately.
- REPORTS PROMPTLY ANY ACCIDENT INVOLVING VEHICLE OR CLIENT: notifies Center Director (or Director of Senior Services in supervisor's absence) immediately of all accidents; reports vehicle accidents to local law enforcement agency; completes accident reports promptly and submits to Director of Senior Services.
- DELIVERS MEALS (IF APPLICABLE): packs meals in insulated containers to preserve temperatures; maintains proper temperature by keeping containers closed except when removing meals; conducts temperature checks of meals as required and records results; carry meals inside each house and assists clients in opening cartons; returns undelivered meals to the Center when clients are not home; reports any problems concerning clients' condition to Center Director.
- ASSISTS IN PLANNING OF SPECIAL BUS TRIPS
- PERFORMS GENERAL MAINTENANCE AT SENIOR CENTER: returns to the center promptly at end of route and performs such janitorial duties as cleaning floors (sweeping and mopping), cleaning rest rooms (sweeping and mopping floors; refilling paper goods; cleaning sink and stool; emptying trash, etc.), and carrying out trash to outside receptacle.
- WILL ATTEND ALL JOB-RELATED TRAINING AS REQUIRED.
- PERFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account