at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s products give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. The Facebook Health Technology team supports this mission in the discovery, development, and delivery of clinically validated health and wellness tools that have the potential to improve both individual and public health outcomes, at Facebook scale.The Facebook Health Technology team is seeking a Clinical Research Scientist, who will report to the Director of Health Technology Research, to develop and execute digital health projects aimed at improving morbidity, mortality and inequity in health outcomes throughout the world. This is an opportunity for clinical experts in digital health with demonstrated impact in research to contribute through their research expertise to the developing Health Tech program at Facebook. The ideal candidate will have deep expertise in clinical/health outcomes research and digital health solutions as well as deep knowledge of cardiovascular physiology and the development and validation of clinical algorithms. They can manage multiple aspects of technical and scientific research including aligning internal stakeholders (e.g. research teams, engineering, analysts, legal) and external partners (i.e. vendors, academic collaborators, IRB, regulators, etc.) to achieve concrete research and product development goals. The ideal candidate also brings a wealth of experience working in interdisciplinary teams, in successfully executing high quality clinical research/clinical validation studies, and understands the goals and needs required to develop high quality digital products. A successful candidate in this role is highly collaborative as well as self-driven, passionate, and able to execute consistently in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will work in and closely with interdisciplinary teams of product managers, engineers, analysts, clinicians and researchers to plan and execute research and validation of novel digital approaches to measuring and improving health and wellness.
1. Develop and define research aims, methods, and protocols for feasibility and validation research
2. Maintain the highest of clinical research standards to ensure validity and reproducibility of results
3. Develop and consult on study documentation, data analysis plans, and clinical algorithm development
4. Partner across research, engineering and product, providing medical, physiologic, and clinical research expertise
5. Align health technology strategy and research/data analysis results with the needs of other internal stakeholders including engineering, legal, and product
6. 10+ years of relevant clinical and research training and experience in cardiovascular medicine/physiology, clinical/health outcomes research, digital health technology assessment, and/or clinical algorithm development in academic or commercial settings
7. Extensive experience working in multidisciplinary research and/or product development teams
8. Proficient in planning, executing, and reporting clinical/digital health research feasibility and pivotal studies
9. MD and/or PhD
10. Experience in digital health technology product development and/or research, with demonstration of success working within and across multidisciplinary teams (e.g. project/product managers, software engineers, research scientists, statisticians/analysts/data scientists).
11. Experience with human subjects research IRBs and/or regulatory submissions for digital health technologies and/or innovative medical or health devices.
12. Strong scientific publication record.
13. Experience in developing and executing new projects/initiatives, and successfully implementing them in ‘real world’ settings.
14. Other advanced degrees/training in relevant field(s).
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account