at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR/AR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR/AR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. Virtual and Augmented Reality’s potential to change the world is immense-and we’re just getting started. Our XR Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Oculus products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, XR Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.As an engineer working on the AR/VR Input Team at Facebook, you’ll be driving foundational efforts to explore and realize the future of Human-Computer interaction. We believe that building intuitive, natural input systems and the APIs that power them has the potential to radically transform the way we interact with today’s and tomorrow’s devices. Our mission is to move these technologies out of research and into shipping products. An ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with a background in cross platform game engine, mobile systems or client/graphics SDK development. Previous experience hardening emerging technologies, working with ML systems or blending technologies together is a big plus.
1. Architecting and realizing efficient and reusable inputs for AR/VR devices
2. Prototyping new interactions and features with an eye toward intuitive usability
3. Collaborate with Research Scientists, Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver foundational inputs
4. Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
5. B.S./M.S. or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a similar field
6. 5+ years experience in C/C++, 3D Game Programming or SDK Development
7. 2+ years experience in Unity (C#) or Unreal Engine
8. Robust Debugging and Problem Solving skills in fast-paced group environments
9. Experience in 3D math, linear algebra, and techniques
10. Demonstrated experience interfacing with other teams and working across layers
11. Virtual reality experience (Quest, Rift, Vive, Go, Gear VR, etc.)
12. Mobile or game console programming experience
13. Experience working across multiple stacks
14. Experience in UX design or game design
15. Experience working with Research teams
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.