at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The Employment Law & Investigations team is looking for a Security Analyst to help investigate complex breaches of FB confidential information, advance investigative methods and use innovative approaches to attribute sources for breaches of FB confidential information. The ideal candidate will possess a technical background, have experience conducting forensic/technical investigations on multiple platforms (Windows, Unix, Mac, and cloud), and will have the ability to think analytically.
1. Investigate complex cases to understand in granular detail how it is occurring and attribute sources responsible.
2. Utilize forensic techniques to collect live response data, image/analyze digital devices, and collect/preserve logs.
3. Partner with Security Engineering, Physical Security, HR Investigations team, Human Resource Business Partners, People Operations and Employment Counsel.
4. Research how data leakage occurs within the ecosystem and deeply understand how issues manifest.
5. Analyze and interpret large datasets to advance investigations, quantify trends or support findings.
6. Work with cross-functional teams to drive improvements to policies and processes across the company.
7. Diligent documentation/reporting: Review/understand what happened to ensure that the root cause and contributing factors are identified and documented.
8. Identify effective strategies to prevent or disrupt data leakage at scale. Consult on the design of countermeasures to affect those strategies.
9. Take a leadership role in suggesting, prototyping, and teaching novel investigative techniques.
10. 10+ years of working technical investigations in computer forensics, data analysis, and/or an information security capacity.
11. Experience conducting large scale data analysis using logs from a variety of sources (e.g., individual host logs, network traffic logs) to identify and investigate potential threats.
12. Experience with SQL (Oracle, Vertica, Hive, MySQL, etc.), data visualization (Tableau or other), and Excel.
13. Knowledge of operating systems, file systems, and memory on Windows, macOS, or Linux.
14. Experience thinking critically and qualifying assessments.
15. Experience managing and executing on short term and long term projects.
16. Experience prioritizing and executing with minimal direction or oversight.
17. BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical or investigative discipline or equivalent experience.
18. Experience investigating activity logs from cloud or SaaS platforms.
19. Experience with Python, PHP or similar scripting languages.
20. EnCE, CISSP, GCFA/GCFE, CEDS certifications.
21. Experience working on employment-related investigations involving computer forensics, electronic discovery, or live-response data.
22. Understanding of internal organizations and dynamics.
23. Experience with open source investigation techniques and familiarity with a variety of internet research tools.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account