in Sebastian County, AR
Join our Growing Team and see why Summit Utilities, Inc was named as one of the Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Companies 2019 and 2020; Best Places to Work in Maine 2019 and 2020; and Best Places to Work in Arkansas 2020.
Summit is a growing natural gas utility company providing safe, reliable and clean burning natural gas service to homes and businesses in Arkansas, Colorado, Maine, Missouri and Oklahoma. Being part of the Summit team means embracing excellence, diversity and innovation, committing to safety each and every day, and doing all that we can to serve each other, our customers and the communities where we live. We aim to bring warmth and energy to everything we do.
We have an exciting opening for a Business Analyst based in Fort Smith, AR.
Business Analysts are responsible for ensuring CIS, customer web portal and IVR systems are properly configured, easy to use, operationally efficient, produce accurate bills, and achieve a high-level of customer service. Successful candidates are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have a passion and skillset for using technology to solve problems. The Business Analyst is a key contact between end users, solution providers, and IT staff and must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Because of the fast-paced environment, the business analyst will also be called on to provide support and drive solutions to completion by working with all involved parties as well as being a significant individual contributor.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with business stakeholders to identify high impact changes and make recommendation that will improve operational efficiency
- Analyzes business processes, operational and performance data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement
- Drill into the data to find insights, inconsistencies, and nuanced learnings
- Provide meticulous documentation and evaluation of potential solutions
- Assist with the development of business and functional requirements by documenting business process current state and future state, analyzing data, and performing workflow analysis
- Develops test cases based on business requirement definition and facilitates test execution
- Assist in testing new system functionality before it is implemented to ensure it meets business and user requirements.
- Publishes thorough documentation on system enhancements and changes, process, and workflow changes
- Participate in the integration of current systems (e.g., SAP, customer facing websites, IVR ) and analytical techniques to enhance/streamline current operations.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Work closely with Training Department to ensure training programs and collateral are updated and accurate at all times
- Assist as needed with end user training
- Provide escalation path for “help desk” on complex issues and answer user questions as needed
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Information Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other closely related field. Significant experience can be considered in lieu of formal training.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a technical or business functional role.
- Experience in Utility Industry preferred
- Strong understanding of contact center technology a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Friendly and effective communication skills are a must.
- Influencer resulting in a trusted advisor relationship with business stakeholders and IT.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to coordinate, manage and implement complex solutions.
- Demonstrated process mapping skills.
- Ability to identify and sell commonality in process across multiple business systems.
- Attention to detail with good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be a self-starter that can work with little direction.
- Sets standards of excellence.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience with Oracle PBCS or Hyperion a plus
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Summit Utilities,Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.