in Faulkner County, AR
Job closes 8-2-21.
Position supports the day-to-day activities of Conway Corp’s Power Supply Operations Group. Managing load, following generation and monitoring costs for Conway Corp in MISO for both the bilateral and spot markets. Position requires strong analytical and communication skills and a willingness to develop an in-depth understanding of the energy markets.
- Utilize methodology and systems for tracking market data to validate invoices relevant to serving Conway load.
- Monitor daily activity in market as relevant to Conway in MISO portal.
- Assist in data gathering and analysis in support of development of annual production and revenue budgets.
- Monitor operations of Jointly Owned Units (JOUs), including operating characteristics and capacity factors; providing updates on relevant changes with units.
- Assist Power Supply Group in monitoring overall hedging strategies.
- Monitor daily bidding activities of Market Participant for all JOUs.
- Monitor and track ongoing JOU costs, including fuel inventory and supply, capital expenditures and O & M costs.
- Reconcile Market Participant invoicing relevant to JOUs, to submit to Director, Power Supply for final approval.
- Analyze historical demand and assist in developing econometric load forecasts.
- Work with accounting on customer Power Costs Adjustments.
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, AND PEOPLE SKILLS:
- Desired: BS/BA in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Math or other related fields, or MBA, or equivalent combination of related training and experience
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Willingness to develop an in-depth understanding of the energy markets
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft products, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to interpret invoicing and financial statements and draw meaningful conclusions
- Must have a valid Arkansas Driver’s License and a good driving record
- Ability to work effectively during periods of time constraints
- Ability to work non-standard hours when required
- Some travel required.