in County, AR
Summary The Food Preparation Technician is responsible for food preparation, service, and storage. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy. Functions
- Participates in food preparation activities by cleaning, cutting, or peeling vegetables and/or fruits, making sandwiches, opening canned foods, brewing coffee and tea, and pouring beverages.
- Replenishes table items and condiments, arranges and restocks salad, dessert, and/or buffet items, sets up serving lines with hot/cold foods, and fills beverage dispensers.
- Serves from serving line, prepares and/or transports food trays, and serves food for special events or meetings.
- Packs food, dishes, utensils, tablecloths, and accessories for transportation from catering or food preparation establishments to and from on-site locations, as designated.
- Ensures cleanliness and functional facility operation by cleaning kitchen, storage and dining areas, by sweeping, vacuuming and mopping floors, washing appliances, tables, chairs and windows, operating dishwasher and disposing of trash and garbage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the preparation, service, and storage of foodstuffs.
- Knowledge of sanitation and safety requirements of a food service facility.
- Ability to prepare and serve food.
- Ability to clean utensils and equipment used in food preparation.
- Ability to use knives, choppers, peelers, and other sharp food production equipment.