at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for a new engineer to join our Developer Ecosystem team focusing on one-to-many support for Oculus developers. As a Developer Support Engineer, you will be participating in the day-to-day and ongoing issue management for developers via Oculus’ support channels with a focus on ultimately providing solutions to challenging technical issues as efficiently as possible. You will work closely with documentation teams, games engineers, and other developer support engineers to unblock game developers so they can ship their titles to the Oculus store or App Lab. The ideal candidate is T-shaped, with an interest in multiple technology areas, programming languages, game engines etc. but with a focus in games development in Unity using C#. They would also benefit from a strong “process driven” mindset – they should be the kind of person that hates wasted effort, and will move heaven and earth to never have to do something twice.
1. Become an expert in Oculus products and SDKs – know how they work inside and out and who owns which what
2. Provide effective solutions to technical problems faced by VR game developers
3. Utilize Zendesk to respond to developer queries quickly and efficiently
4. Improve team efficiency by creating automatable responses to common issues
5. Understand Game Development in Unity and/or Unreal
6. Work with our documentation team, games engineering teams, and product teams to help them understand developer pain points and make better products
7. 1+ years of customer or developer support experience
8. Development experience with Unity or Unreal
9. Game development experience
10. Bilingual in Japanese
11. OpenXR or C# experience
12. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.