at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Are you looking to shape the future of computing?Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) is bringing together cutting edge research and engineering to deliver products and experiences for the future of immersive computing and connecting humans with entertainment, information and each other.Facebook Reality Labs is building software for all realities – Augmented or Virtual for billions of users across the globe. Our team is expanding and we’re looking for experienced Technical Program Managers (TPM) who will play a key role in defining and driving highly complex, cross-functional features. We are looking for TPMs with a proven track record of developing and shipping high quality products and experiences. This role will have the opportunity to work closely with world-class development teams and leaders across the organization to deliver trustworthy experiences into Facebook products (such as Oculus, Portal, Instagram, Messenger, etc). We have openings across multiple product teams with a mission to build user facing software and experiences that engage billions of people, leveraging tight integration with our core technologies across OS, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Speech.
1. Develop and manage cross-functional programs, facilitating relationships across multiple teams to identify risks, manage dependencies and optimize resources.
2. Drive visibility, accountability, and execution across their areas of software development for the organization.
3. Understand product requirements, technical challenges, business needs, and develop a plan for mitigating risk and delivering features that meet the requirements.
4. Resolve conflicts, maintain clarity on priorities and drive progress on execution.
5. Drive technical excellence within the team, coordinating and contributing to engineering deliverables including architectural diagrams, specifications, launch criteria, and test plans.
6. Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and product development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment, drive impact through deployment of key initiatives.
7. B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
8. 5+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
9. Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
10. Demonstrated experience leading execution across highly ambiguous, complex products and programs, with experience making technical and product tradeoffs balancing business needs and technical constraints.
11. Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
12. Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
13. Demonstrated experience leading complex execution across multiple teams in different time zones, anticipating roadblocks and creating a path forward.
14. Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
15. Communicator who can translate high-level goals into tangible action plans, and vice-versa, expertly communicating with technical and non-technical.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account