at UAMS (University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
RN Physician Call Center
Nursing - Admin/Education
COM IDHI Nursing
Post End Date
The Registered Nurse (RN) performs telephonic patient triage using decision-making software, assists with patient consults and transports, uses videoconferencing equipment for telemedicine operations. The RN practices within the limits of the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Arkansas and adheres to institutional policies, procedures and standards.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
11 Paid Holidays with Vacation and Sick Leave
Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
Career Training and Educational Opportunities
Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy.
Salary offered commensurate with experience.
I. Maintenance and Improvement of Quality Services (30%)
* Provides telephone or interactive conferenced patient triage to specific patient populations and any follow-up calls, emails, EMR documentation
* Provides clinical review to callers requesting inbound patient transports, connects to the appropriate UAMS physician, records clinical interaction during report and provides administrative backup for patient acceptance, including follow-up calls and e-mails for preregistration, ADON/facility notifications and access team coordination and arranges for nurse-to-nurse report at time of transport.
* Assists with care via videoconferencing of stroke patients who are contracted with ARSAVES and works with video support to arrange video connection of site locations, the stroke neurologist and UAMS, then assists with arranging patient transport and follow-ups as required.
* Assists with management of the Trauma Image Repository as needed
* Assist in identifying and tracking all calls to the Call Center and data on referrals and case managed patients.
* Provides support to research activities related to the IDHI Call Center programs.
* Promotes positive interaction and facilitates communication between the consultation center, UAMS, and physicians statewide and their offices who utilize the services of the consultation center
* Provides requested reports to appropriate personnel, analyzes and identifies critical factors of patient care to facilitate enhancement of the quality and efficiency of the consultation center.
* Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
II. Department and Project Management (20%)
* Determines then applies any technical knowledge, skills, and experience to complete assigned tasks.
* Assist manager in planning measurable goals and objectives as guidelines for performance.
* Completes responsibilities in a timely manner through effective organization, setting priorities, delegation, and time management skills
III. Leadership (20%)
Serves as a role model and mentor by consistently demonstrating professionalism.
Facilitates changes to improve the Call Center through effective communication, collaboration, and interdisciplinary problem solving.
* Participates in recruitment and retention of staff.
* Participates as a team member supporting staff in the performance of their duties
IV. Human Resources Management (10%)
* Orients new employees and documents orientation of each new employee coordinating with personnel and adhering to UAMS policy.
* Implements good judgment by communicating with coworkers in a fair, consistent, objective, and professional manner
* Demonstrates ability to identifying and report Call Center procedures that are found to not be cost effective to the Call Center Assistant Director and Director.
V. Fiscal Management and Resource Utilization (10%)
* Assists the Director in the demonstration of cost conscious awareness and... For full info follow application link.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).