in Pulaski - Little Rock County, AR
Plans, directs, and oversees all Human Resource (HR) activities. Develops, implements, and monitors policies and procedures. Participates and represents HR in activities with management and other departments as required, particularly about employment, employee relations, budgeting, payroll, wage and salary administration, benefits, discipline, and training. Manages the company’s self-insured health care plan and interacts with internal and external stakeholders for plan sufficiency, stability and sustainability. Provides HR support for over 200 full-time employees.
Examples of Duties
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
- Oversees and directs HR activities in the following areas:
All HR activities that support the organization
Supervises HR staff.
Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) for HR data and payroll
Benefits Administration inclusive of self-insured health care benefit plan.
Wage and Salary Administration including Performance Review Process
Professional Development Training and Enrichment
Policies & Procedures
All HR-supported areas including but not limited to payroll, compensation, reporting, recordkeeping, etc.
- Keeps current and reviews company policies and procedures for legal compliance.
- Advises management and provides guidance on all HR-related issues.
- Investigates and documents employee incidents and tracks disciplinary issues.
- Reviews and recommends processes for compensation and classification in accordance with budgetary guidelines.
- Participates actively in annual budget preparations for benefits and compensation.
- Responds to and participates in surveys and governmental reporting as required.
- Performs other essential duties as assigned.
- Follows established work procedures and practices.
- Follows safety practices and guidelines.
- Undertakes any reasonable request within capabilities that is good for the community and the utility.