in Pulaski - Little Rock County, AR
Requisition Number: 1610 Job Title: Engineering Associate
Date Opened: 7/22/21 Location: Little Rock, AR
Industry: Electric Utilities Department: Electric Grid Services
Employment Type: Casual Part-Time Available: Yes
FLSA Exemption: Non- Exempt
Eligible for US Work Authorization Sponsorship: No
Responsible for providing Distribution Engineering Design and Estimating services to Electric Utility Clients. Work entails routine interaction with front line electric utility customers, design & architectural consultants, vendors, builders and outside agencies throughout all phases of a projects’ lifespan. Must be able to work effectively in a matrix environment and have superior interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate with land owners for servitudes granting rights of land use ranging from facility installation, rights of egress/ingress, damage claims, etc.;
- Responsible for developing detailed distribution designs and cost estimates tailored to customer specific needs and timelines;
- Coordination with governmental regulatory bodies associated with project planning, permitting, and other unique technical issue resolution. Work may also entail field inspection duties including but not limited to patrolling distribution lines to assess current state, future needs, or storm restoration support;
- Strictly adhere to Client’s procedures;
- Keep Supervisor apprised of status, issues and needs;
- Maintain good documentation;
- Continually follow-up on key activities;
- Facilitate interactions with external Customers (phone, e-mail, meetings, etc.);
- Provide records for all significant meetings (e-mail),
- Update miscellaneous reports (Construction Report, etc.).
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Minimum ten (10) years of electrical utility distribution
- Engineering Design and Estimating experience preferred
- Associates Degree in Civil or Electrical engineering/construction preferred but not required.
- Must have superior interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Requires a proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Must possess advanced knowledge of MS Office suite of products (especially MS Word and MS Excel)
- Work is primarily conducted at Project Construction Sites within Utility Company service area (may require occasional travel to other services areas). This might include electric Substations, Transmission and Distribution lines.
- Interaction with other team members, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
Physical Requirements (With or without Reasonable Accommodation):
- Must be able to lift and carry twenty (20) pounds;
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively;
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation;
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to conduct analysis and investigations;
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties;
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
Drug Free Workplace:
EDG Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to a drug free workplace. Applicants are subject to both pre-employment hair and urine drug screens.
Post-hire, employees are subject to random, periodic, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug testing which may include both hair and urine drug screens. In addition to the requirements of EDG’s drug free workplace program, employees may be required to sign, acknowledge and comply with drug free workplace policies or programs required by clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.