at Arkansas State University
Arkansas State University
Arkansas State University does not discriminate on the basis of color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or disability in any of its practices, policies or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, employment, admissions, educational services, programs or activities which it operates or financial aid.
Proposed Salary Range
Commensurate with Experience
Type of Employment: Staff
Employment Status: Full time (29-40 Hrs)
Please note: All postings close at 12 A.M. CST on the closing date. A-State participates in E-Verify.
Arkansas State University is seeking a Director of Emergency Operations and Occupational Safety. This individual will work in coordination with local and state agencies to assist with emergency response plans and procedures for A-State
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops emergency management policies and plans that comply with and follow national, state, and local emergency management directives, regulations, policies, standards, and guidance
- Responsible for authoring, enhancing, updating, maintaining, and appropriately distributing the University Comprehensive Emergency operations Plan along with ensuring the content of such plans is congruent with best practices for emergency actions
- Responsible to develop, implement, schedule, and conduct training programs for senior administrators and department leads in Emergency Management/Emergency Response for the concept of operations described in the Arkansas State University Emergency Operations Plan
- Coordinate with and foster relationships with local and state emergency management organizations such as Craighead County Office of Emergency Management, Jonesboro Fire Department, local EMS providers, local hospitals, etc. for the purpose of better integrating A-State into the community emergency management fabric and ensuring A-State is a priority in a local emergency
- Will lead the Emergency Operatiors Center team determining needed and avaiable resources (e.g.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status