at Arkansas State University
Arkansas State University
Arkansas State University does not discriminate on the basis of color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or disability in any of its practices, policies or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, employment, admissions, educational services, programs or activities which it operates or financial aid.
Proposed Salary Range
Commensurate with Experience
Type of Employment: Staff
Employment Status: Full time (29-40 Hrs)
Please note: All postings close at 12 A.M. CST on the closing date. A-State participates in E-Verify.
Arkansas State University is seeking an experienced payroll professional to fill our Director of Payroll Services, this position will report to the Assistant Vice Chancellor of Human Resources.
The Director of Payroll Services is responsible for directing all aspects of the payroll operations and directly managing all payroll positions. This individual will be responsible for leading the payroll team and overseeing payroll, payroll accounting, payroll tax, Banner payroll system, and other payroll software.
This individual will ensure that payroll functions operate with the highest level of integrity and will adhere to all applicable Federal, State and other A-State standards and fiscal rules. This individual will also have the responsibility to ensure payroll, workflows, automation, and system improvements, function at the highest level of efficiency and accuracy
The Director of Payroll Services must be able to manage multiple tasks, prioritize while working under continuous deadlines, maintain professionalism, maintain postivie relationships, and coordinate efforts with other departments such as human resources, finance, information technology, and academic affairs. They will also need to resolve payroll concerns with the colleges and employees in a customer friendly, efficient and timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Final responsibility for payroll administration, taxes, and garnishments
- Maintain and manage payroll-related legal and regulatory compliance
- Supervise and audit the comprehensive payroll process and set guidelines for all payroll processes
- Ensure up to date and accurate federal and state tax requirements and other reporing are met
- Maintain the Banner payroll information system to ensure consistency of setup and accuracy of data across the university
- Review and analyze payroll processes and procedures
- Build an inclusive work enviroment that encourages teamwork and collaboration
- Complete ad hoc analysis and projects as needed
- Preparing of reports and maintenance of electronic records
- Development and maintenance of payroll processes and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Full knowledge of current Federal, State and local labor laws and tax requirements
Advanced knowledge and use of computer systems
Knowledge of Banner HR/Payroll system or other ERP systems
Knowledge of internal controls and segregation of duties
Knowledge of computer systems and programs
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Excellent communication and customer service skills in-person, in email, and over the phone
Skilled in attention to detail
Ability to lead and supervise payroll services staff
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status