in County, AR
JOB TITLE: SUPPLY CHAIN – PRODUCTION & PURCHASING- LR
The Supply Chain Production & Purchasing position will be responsible to coordinate with Supply Chain Planning in Ozark to ensure complete understanding of operational needs and plan purchasing needs accordingly. This role will work with our existing supply chain team in Ozark and/or with suppliers directly to ensure production needs and stocks are maintained and in line with company objectives. This position will also be responsible to post production to the company’s ERP system. This position will report to the Plant Manager in Little Rock.
• Coordinate with Supply Chain Planning to maintain optimum inventory levels and accuracy to ensure operations meets customer requirements while minimizing carrying costs and premium transportation charges.
• Ensure correctness of purchased material specifications and that suppliers meet those specifications.
• Develop costing models as needed.
• Work with suppliers to minimize lead times and improve turns.
• Maintain and develop supplier relations and/or seek new
• Verify and enter production outputs into Business Central
• Develop and monitor KPI’s to measure purchase and production variances, improve turns, on-time deliveries, inventory dollars.
• Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures and material control systems to reduce costs, streamline procedures and implement solutions.
• Coordinate with Supply Chain Team in Ozark and/or directly suppliers with launch of new products.
• Month-end inventory reconciliations.
• Manage recycle trailers and the return of supplier packaging components
• Manage projects to reduce costs as needed.
• Various other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration.
• Lean Six Sigma Certification is a plus.
• APICS Certification is a plus.
• Must have 7 to 10 years of recent experience in Supply Chain Management
• Must have 7 to 10 years of recent experience in a manufacturing environment
Knowledge / Skills:
• Computer proficiency on Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
• Ability to work with Customer/Supplier representatives
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills with focus on detail
Travel / Work Environment:
• Required to travel domestically and internationally, percentage varies.
• Works in a normal office environment with regular exposure to the plant floor.
• Ability to move throughout the plant and office areas.
• Alternates between sitting, standing and moving within the work area.