at Cantera Concrete in Lowell, Arkansas, United States
Provide technical engineering support to project supervisors and craft workforce to ensure all construction complies with all appropriate standards, codes, and specifications. The Field Engineer must be a flexible and adaptable team-player, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
- Promote Cantera’s culture of “Safety First”
- Assist with safety training sessions (toolbox talk, JHA’s, Stretch and Flex, etc.)
- Enforces Site Specific Safety Plans created by enforcing Cantera’s rules, this includes your workers, other crews, and any trade on site. Be willing to discipline noncompliance.
- Train Crews in the Cantera Quality Process
- Follow Cantera’s Concrete Quality Process ensuring a Prepour checklist is completed on every yard of concrete poured on the project
- Perform survey layout for construction control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials
- Maintain record drawings
- Material takeoffs
- Research drawing interpretations, problems, and errors
- Verify that all completed work complies with drawing and specifications
- Strong knowledge of the contract specifications, documents
- Verify all survey monuments and markers
- May provide subcontract coordination
- Demonstrate commitment to an injury-free environment through own actions and mentoring others
Other duties as assigned
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations Preferred
- OSHA 10 - certified
- OSHA 30 – certified
- CPR – certified
- First Aid - certified
Knowledge, Experience, and Personal Attributes
- Computer and mobile device knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products, Field Time, and other products used by the Company.
- Broad understanding of industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate with all levels, both internally and externally.
- Functions effectively as part of a team.
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- Able to perform duties independently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure and deadlines.
- Can follow rules and shows initiative.
- Enjoys overcoming objections/resistance and achieving goals in the face of obstacles.
- Able to create needed points within the Data Collector as needed.
- Thoroughly understand project documents, including drawings, specifications, and addendas.
- Able to complete a layout in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
- Delivers layout information to the project team to ensure proper execution of all concrete work.
- Have a basic understanding of concrete work including vertical formwork, embedment placement, block-out placement, etc.
- Able to identify any discrepancies in drawings prior to execution.
- Write R.F.I.s with Project Manager to receive the correct information in a timely manner.
- Sets up and maintains permanent control throughout the entire line and grade portion of the project.
- Ability to operate builder level, transit, laser engineering instruments, Total Station, Robotic Total Station and/or Theodolite equipment system.
- Regularly works on a construction site over rough terrain.
- Requires overtime hours on a regular basis.
- Requires exposure to the elements on a regular basis.
- Must be comfortable with periodic travel.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects.
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs.
- Consist of periodic weekend work
- Requires some travel
- Frequent activity of Standing, Kneeling, Walking, Climbing, Bending, Reaching above Shoulder, Pushing and Pulling
- Requires the ability to climb and work at heights above 6 feet
- Education degree with related experience on a one to one basis