at Cantera Concrete in Lowell, Arkansas, United States
Cantera Concrete Company's foundation of success is based on the skill and knowledge of our experienced project teams supported by the latest equipment in construction technology and a management team totaling over two centuries of experience.
We are an award winning concrete placement company providing an array of placement services including structural or elevated, tilt-up, piers, flat work and architectural concrete. Additionally, our team is experienced in providing preconstruction services.
With an average of 22 years of experience each in the industry, our management team has developed proven concrete placement methods allowing us to deliver a quality product at a good value. As we build on the success of our past we continue to develop new and more efficient ways to do our job.Based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Cantera performs work in Arkansas, Texas, Kansas and throughout the State of Oklahoma. We are a solid company with a solid reputation in the industry.
Cantera is a privately-held company with a strong financial position with virtually unlimited bonding capacity and industry low rates. Our bonding relationship is with the premier Chubb Group of Insurance Companies in Dallas, Texas. Our lead banking institutions are with banking industry leaders, JPMorgan Chase, the Bank of Oklahoma, and the Bank of America. Our insurance and worker's compensation coverage's are managed through Rooney Insurance Agency.
Our reputation for professionalism in our field is important to us thus we have never failed to complete a contract throughout our history and have never been unable to provide a payment and performance bond.
At Cantera, we want our clients, suppliers and subcontractors to feel secure and know that we endeavor to provide the highest quality concrete placement services possible.
ACI certification is A+
Concrete finishers rake, shovel, screed, smooth and finish surfaces of poured in place concrete, such as slabs on grade, elevated slabs on deck, curb and gutter, paving, roadways, sidewalks, ramps, stairs and metal pan stairs. Concrete finishers edge, joint, and saw cut and cure concrete elements listed above. Concrete finishers set formwork according to line and grade (elevation) for slabs on grade, paving, curb and gutter and stairs.
Ability to understand and follow instructions -Ability to work as part of a team -Proficient at placing concrete via direct discharge, pump, concrete buggy, wheelbarrow, etc.
-Able to properly vibrate and consolidate concrete -Able to properly screed concrete to desired elevation with rod board -Able to properly mop, fresno, and broom concrete -Able to properly float and steel trowel concrete -Ability to understand the proper timing of floating and troweling operations -Able to operate a walk behind trowel machine -Able to properly joint and edge concrete -Able to operate an early entry concrete saw (Soffcut) and cut to line and depth -Able to set formwork and expansion joints to line and grade
- -Be reliable, dependable, and self-motivated
- -Have a high standard of integrity and professionalism
- -Be available and able to work the hours, including Saturdays, as directed by your supervisor
- -Provide and maintain hand tools as required by your supervisor
- -Be able to perform the work to the level of quality and in the time expected as directed by your supervisor
- -Be able to remember and follow instructions given to you by your supervisor
- -Be able to work cooperatively with your supervisor and coworkers
- -Perform all work in a safe manner. Wear all PPE as required by task and directed by your supervisor
- -Perform other related duties as assigned by your supervisor
- -Able to lift up to 50 lbs often and up to 100lbs occasionally
- -Able to bend, squat, climb ladders, climb stairs, and lift frequently
- -Able to continuously sit, stand, or walk
- -Able to climb and maintain body balance
- -Able to see well (either naturally or with corrective lenses)
- -Able to work outside in heat or cold and at higher elevations
In addition to consistent work, competitive pay, and growth opportunities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive pay ($17.00-$22.00 hour, pay is commensurate with experience level)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K plan, employer match
- Flexible spending account
- 5 Paid holidays
- Company-paid life/ AD&D Insurance
- Growth opportunities