at Cree in Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
As an Applications Engineer with a focus on embedded firmware for the Power Module business you will be responsible development of control solutions to enable state of the art reference designs utilizing SiC power modules. A successful candidate will have a strong background in developing FPGA and DSP based control solutions for power electronics systems. This position requires interaction with customers at all levels of system design/development as well as generation of collateral to enable customers to understand and modify control aspects.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Opportunity to work with leading edge technology enabling customer to develop new products.
- Opportunity to have direct impact on business, and lead company direction to achieve success/maximize results.
- Opportunity to work with talented world class scientists and engineers.
- Competitive salary and benefit.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Lead design of embedded firmware development to enable next generation converters and systems utilizing SiC
- Assist internal and external design engineers to successfully incorporate Wolfspeed SiC power modules in their products. Provide remote and on-site customer support
- Answer technical inquiries from existing and prospective customers with proper documentation and timely feedback/analysis
- Provide pre- and post-sales technical support for Wolfspeed direct sales and distributors through customer presentations and product demonstrations
- Be a leader in designing, developing, documenting reference and demonstration platforms for SiC Power product target applications
- Develop and present materials at technical seminars, tradeshows and distributor training
- Support new product launches, including training for Wolfspeed sales engineers and regional channel partners
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science/Engineering
- 3+ Years of experience developing embedded firmware for power electronics converters and systems
- Self-motivated with a great passion for power systems and power devices, providing world-class technical support to customers and growing Wolfspeed’s SiC Power Business
- Thorough understanding of real-time operating systems, digital signal processing, data structure, code modularity and maintainability
- Experience with Verilog and VHDL programming
- Experience with CAN, SPI, I2C, RS-232, 802.11x and TCP/IP protocols
- Ability to test and troubleshoot the code on hardware prototypes
- Understanding of some of power circuit topologies (AC/DC, DC/DC, DC/AC)
- Experience in simulation tools (Spice, PLECS, etc) for power conversion
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
Highly preferred skills and certifications
- Master or PhD. Degree in Electrical or Computer Science/Engineering
- Prior experience in leading firmware development for high frequency (>100 kHz) converters
- Prior experience in leading firmware development for high power (>100 kW) motor drives
- Prior experience in validating firmware/control in Hardware-In-the-Loop and Controller-In-the-Loop systems
- Experience in schematic capture and PCB layout for minimal stray inductance and capacitance, placement strategies for high switching speed and high-power applications
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account