at Centennial Bank in Conway, Arkansas, United States
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Senior Loan Review Analyst is responsible for assessing various risks to the bank within the loan portfolio. Loan review provides early identification for problem loans, the risk to capital and adherence to established loan policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Promptly identify potential credit weaknesses in loans so that timely action can be taken to correct the problem, in order to further minimize loss. This duty is performed daily.
2. Work with program data base to maintain and monitor newly established automated Loan Review system. This duty is performed as needed.
3. Review and assess current collection policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. This duty is performed daily.
4. Assess the adequacy and adherence to internal credit and loan administration policies and procedures. This duty is performed daily.
5. Monitor changes and updates to all relevant loan and credit regulations and banking laws. This duty is performed daily.
6. Evaluate the activities of lending officers and loan support staff regarding adherence to internal credit and loan policy. This duty is performed daily.
7. Provide senior management and the Board of Directors with an overall assessment of the quality of the loan portfolio. This duty is performed as needed.
8. Review the quality of real estate appraisals and evaluations being used by the bank's lending personnel. This duty is performed daily.
9. Assists with on-site review of loans related to due diligence examination for bank mergers and acquisitions. This duty is performed as needed.
10. Report to the Asset Quality Committee with an overall assessment on the quality of the loan portfolio. This duty is performed quarterly.
11. Provide special reviews for CLO's as requested to assess the state of certain loan portfolio segments. This duty is performed as needed.
12. Analyze complex financial statements and tax returns. This duty is performed daily.
13. Analyze and calculate the adequacy of cash flow to service debt requirements.
14. Calculate various ratios to review financial stability of the borrower's balance sheet for comparison to their peer group.
15. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
16. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned.
17. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 12 to 18 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
BAI Loan Review Certification
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Advanced: Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Intermediate: Accounting, Contact Management
Basic: 10-Key, Database
Periodically exposed to such elements as noise, intermittent standing, walking, occasionally pushing, carrying, or lifting; but none are present to the extent of being disagreeable.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; regularly required to reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Required education and experience:
Minimum of 5 years previous experience in loan and/or credit related departments.
Required skills and proficiencies:
Ability to interpret state and federal regulations.
Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Good oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work independently.
Some overnight travel may be required.