at Radius Aerospace
$500 Sign-On Bonus!
$250 after 90 days; $250 after 1 year
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive and is not to be considered inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.
Position Summary Performs work in more than one of the maintenance trades: carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting, machine and equipment repair, electrical, sheet metal fabrication, and welding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Makes routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment.
• Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
• Perform routine preventive maintenance or repair to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
• Inspect, operate, or test machinery, equipment, or systems to diagnose machine malfunctions.
• Works rotating on-call schedule with other technicians
• Know and follow company, departmental and corporate policies and procedures.
• Adhere to Radius attendance policy and work as scheduled, which may include evenings, weekends and/or on-call duties as business needs arise.
• Stays current on / research new technologies related to the business
• Maintains knowledge of / complies with current regulatory requirements
• Ensures maintenance and repair work is completely safely, effectively, and in a timely manner.
• Maintain a constant safety environment while striving for zero accidents and complying with OSHA standards.
• Other various duties as needed or as assigned.
Position Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Vocational Certification in facilities maintenance preferred
• A minimum of five 5 years maintenance experience in the manufacturing environment.
• Experience with plumbing, HVAC, electrical repairs preferred
• Clean driving record and current driver's license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read and write the English language.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• OSHA Lockout Tagout procedures
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, vendors, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, which may include machine schematics, blueprints and technical documents
• Plumbing, heating, electrical, hydraulic, and pumps is a plus but will train on our equipment.
• Able to lead by example and act as a positive role model
• Superior attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods
• Ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
• Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions
Physical and Environmental Demands Manufacturing environment may be exposed to noise levels, dust, grime and heat. Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment. Physical and environmental conditions of the essential duties of the job. "F" for frequently; "O" for occasionally; “R” for rarely; "N" for not at all. On the job the employee must: On the job the employee must be able to: On the job the employee: (F ) Bend (F ) Squat, kneel, or crouch (F ) Crawl (F ) Climb or balance (F ) Reach with hands & arms (F ) Use fine finger movements (F ) Other (O ) Sit (F ) Stand (F ) Walk (F ) Push/Pull (F ) Talk or hear (F ) Handle Objects (manual dexterity) Carry/lift loads of: (F ) Up to 10 lbs. (F ) Up to 25 lbs. (F ) Up to 50 lbs. (O ) Up to 100 lbs. (O ) More than 100 lbs. (F ) Read/comprehend (O ) Write (R ) Perform calculations (F ) Communicate orally (O ) Reason and analyze ( ) Other (F ) Is exposed to excessive noise (F ) Is exposed to extreme cold (non-weather) (F ) Is exposed to extreme heat (non-weather) (F ) Is exposed to marked changes in temperature and/or humidity (F ) Is around moving machinery (F ) Is exposed to dust, fumes, gases, radiation, microwave (O ) Drives motorized equipment (O ) Works in confined quarters (O ) Works in high, precarious places (R ) Works with combustible materials (F ) Is exposed to Vibration ( ) Other
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments in accordance with business needs, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential function of the job. Radius Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. ***In order to maintain our Drug-Free work environment, successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen is required.*** ***Recruiters/Staffing Agencies: No phone calls***To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account