at Hanesbrands, Inc. in Clarksville, Arkansas, United States
To efficiently plan, organize, and direct all administrative and technical responsibilities inherent in the operation of the Knitting Department in order to produce sufficient quantities, styles, and sizes of high quality ladies hosiery while maintaining our company’s sound employee relations philosophy.
1. Direct and assist three (3) shift supervisors on all technical and administrative aspects involved in managing efficiently our 4-feed knitting operation.
2. Maintain operational and machine schedules as set forth by the Plant Manager designated to meet knitting requirements of the Department and to assure optimum utilization of labor and machinery. The incumbent must work with Production Control in scheduling size and style changes as required to meet the forecasts.
3. Maintain established quality standards in the production of hosiery, through review of quality reports, periodic quality checks and proper machinery maintenance. Work with Quality Control Department to insure maintenance of Quality Standards
4. Make sure machinery downtime is a minimum through proper repair of breakdowns an through preventive maintenance techniques. Establish with line fixers the procedures to insure the delays in production due to machinery downtime are a minimum and that all repairs to productions equipment are accomplished through utilization of department machine ship and department fixers when possible. Follow up on parts and repairs made outside the company.
5. Coordinate the distribution of the correct type of yarn to the correct line and style. Also receive yarn, oil, and other supplies.
6. Maintain cost of production within established plan and cost through effective utilization of yarn inventory, labor, materials, and equipment. Review cost with Supervisors, maintain production cost, and make adjustments in production and operation procedures to reduce out-of-line costs and to better utilize production resources. Establish annual budgets on all related components of labor, materials, and overhead.
7. Promote sound management-employee relations through the equitable administration of established personnel policies and procedures and through the application of good housekeeping principles including the development and installation of safety devices and the promotion of proper safety attitudes among employees.
8. Supervise the training of production personnel through orientation of the job, follow-up on training progress and make regular reports to superiors on training progress. Responsible for fixer school when in progress.
9. Coordinate the operation of the autoclave to assure quality and required production levels are met daily.
10. Works independently and with assistance from Division Service Department personnel to develop innovative machine modification, procedure changes, etc. to better/more efficiently produce our quality products. Recommends short and long-range cost savings projects related to the total Knitting Department function.
11. Develop and maintain a departmental QPI program.
Incumbent should have a bachelor’s degree in textile science, business administration, or related field and/or comparable job-related experience. A minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in all areas of hosiery manufacturing and related activities in necessary. Prior experience should include a high degree of technical training and the supervision of employees in a similar environment. The aspects of the job requiring the longest amount of time to learn are running efficiently the complex SKU’s in such a manner as to meet production forecasts while keeping machine efficiency, needle usage, quality, and labor costs within predetermined goal levels while at the same time carrying out our company’s sound employee relations philosophy. The average new employee qualified for this position would require approximately 2 to 3 ;years in the position to handle the job satisfactorily.
Must be able to pass Background Screening and Drug Test.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly:
Job Locations US-AR-Clarksville
Job Post Information : Posted Date** 1 month ago (7/2/2021 11:04 AM)
Pos. Type Full Time Regular
Company : Name Linked Hanesbrands Clarksville Facility
Pos. Category Global Operations
Due Date 8/27/2021
Location : Street 1904 W. Clark Road
Location : Zip 72830