at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) focuses on delivering Facebook’s vision through Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). The Facebook Camera team is driving the state-of-the-art forward with breakthrough work in imaging optics, image sensors, camera miniaturization and image quality enhancement to enable new ways for AR & VR devices to map the world and the human body and enable people to have an experience where the real and virtual worlds will mix and match throughout the day.
1. Serve as the primary point of accountability for Camera and Image Quality TPM execution.
2. Build and maintain strong working relationships across camera engineering and cross-functional leadership.
3. Lead, develop, and scale a team of Camera and Image Quality TPMs.
4. Work with a cross-functional team of PM, EE, ME, OE, FW, SW to set milestones, create integration plans and identify/address potential setbacks/risks and mitigation plans that enable the definition and execution of next generation hardware products.
5. Develop schedules, identify critical paths and bottlenecks and maintain execution throughout the duration of programs.
6. Effectively communicate program status to key cross-functional stakeholders and leadership.
7. Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and technology development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment to ensure on time delivery.
8. Manage delivery of custom cameras and optics for development builds and ensure qualification to meet mass production timelines.
9. Ensure program documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
10. Contribute to resource planning to ensure program success.
11. Embed with engineering teams to manage external vendors engaged in the development of various cameras, including managing resources, setting review processes, working with supply chain and operations, etc.
12. 7+ years experience developing cameras in the consumer electronics industry.
13. Knowledge of the camera design and development process.
14. 5+ years experience leading, developing, and scaling TPM or engineering teams.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account