at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The Facebook Design community is pioneering technologies to bring people closer together, and our teams share in the responsibility of doing it at global scale. We are committed to designing and building Facebook apps and technologies-the Facebook app, Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus, Workplace, Portal and Novi-to serve a diverse global community. As a Product Designer, you will ensure our products and features are valuable for people, easy to use, and of the highest level of craft and execution. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills. This posting represents different full-time roles across the Facebook company.
1. Oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch in partnership with product managers, engineers, UX researchers and content strategists
2. Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our 2-plus billion users
3. Design end-to-end flows and experiences that are simple and elegant for our supported platforms
4. Craft designs within existing visual systems and/or standards
5. Solicit and provide feedback from partners to continually improve the quality of our products through multiple iterations exploring a range of design options
6. 2+ years of experience building and shipping applications or software at the level of whole features across a variety of platforms
7. Interaction Design skills defining how an experience should behave based on understanding people’s needs. Experience using prototyping skills to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work
8. Visual Design skills with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense
9. Strategic product thinker with the experience understanding product goals, identifying opportunities, and making decisions based on the impact to people and the company
10. Experience showcasing your end to end design process across multiple projects that include interaction and visual design artifacts and high-fidelity prototypes
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.