at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
WhatsApp’s mission is to “connect the world privately”. WhatsApp is a private, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. 2+ billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to connect with friends and family. You will have the unique opportunity to be part of this incredible lean team that’s making this magic happen. WhatsApp Marketing DS team’s mission to transform WhatsApp into a most preferred messaging app. We are expanding our support to the Business marketing team, whose goal is to work with businesses worldwide to make WhatsApp the leading business messaging app. We do that by using data and science to: activate business & monetization strategy, lead the understand-test-measure-optimize cycle across B2B audiences, creative, messaging and media. To be successful in this mission, we’re looking for passionate, analytical, marketing decision scientists. Are you passionate about WhatsApp? Are you excited about Business to Business Marketing? Do you thrive at the intersection of data science, business actions, driven by marketing and product? Do you have an insatiable curiosity to understand what messages resonate with which users? Do you have experience in launching hypothesis-driven experiments, providing data-based insights to help marketers make better decisions? Do you have an urge to challenge the status quo and own improving it? Do you bring positive energy to help the teams you belong to? Do you have empathy for business users who may not be as data-savvy as you are? Are you strong in quantitative, analytical thinking and technical skills (SQL, Stats, R/Python etc.)? Are you hungry to create impact by owning and driving analytical projects? The right candidate has demonstrated success in driving scaled B2B marketing programs for enterprise technology products, working with an ecosystem of companies that provide data, tools and services that maximize the performance of WhatsApp marketing for all its business clients. He or she must exhibit strong communication skills and have experience delivering results while working across large, cross-functional teams. If you are passionate about growing B2B products and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we’d be thrilled to meet you.
1. Influence the marketing and media strategy by developing a deep audience understanding by integrating consumer perception, sentiment and product behavioral data and translate them into recommendations and actions.
2. Understand the business/sales funnels from a data point of view and represent insights as clients move from prospect to lead to customer stages.
3. Develop marketing measurement plans, learning agendas, metrics and goals that echo the brand and marketing strategy. Socialize the plan with cross-functional partners (marketing, research, media, product) and gain alignment.
4. Execute marketing surveys via in-house tools and vendors to get a robust read on consumer sentiment. Study the performance of marketing campaigns using robust and state of the art measurement techniques, statistical or econometric models and ensure accountability of marketing.
5. Optimize media mix on digital channels (Google, Facebook, Programmatic) and offline channels (TV, Radio, OOH etc.) by executing experiments and lead the test-learn-optimize cycle with our media partners.
6. Develop quantitative and analysis, tools, and models to support marketing decision making. Analytical areas might include (but not limited to): audience segmentation, A/B, multivariate experimental design and hypothesis testing, media mix modeling, marketing optimization, advanced survey analysis, text mining, regressions and measurement sciences (causal inference, observational data analysis, bias mitigation, matching techniques etc.).
7. Produce clearly written narratives, documents and decks that include data visualizations such as charts, infographic, and dashboards to communicate measurement plans, findings, caveats and actionable recommendations to cross-functional stakeholders.
8. A degree in economics, econometrics, operations research, mathematics, statistics, engineering, psychology, business, or another field with quantitative roots and demands.
9. 3+ years of experience in data analysis, data science, marketing analytics, or similar quantitative fields, applying experimentation methods to test various hypotheses for various marketing outcomes such as customer segmentation, causal marketing measurement and media optimization.
10. Statistical or econometric modeling or marketing analytics (e.g. experimental design., significance testing, media effects, media mix modeling, marketing optimization, econometric methods, observational data, causal inference, regression modeling, sampling theory, etc.).
11. Experience using R or Python or Stata or a similar scripting language for statistical or econometric modeling.
12. Experience with SQL, Hive, Presto, Hadoop, or other data querying languages.
13. Experience finding, cleaning, and manipulating data to build data sets.
14. Experience communicating with cross-functional stakeholders including brand strategists, market researchers, product marketers, creative directors, media planners, and engineers.
15. A Master’s or Doctorate degree in economics, econometrics, operational research, mathematics, statistics, engineering, psychology, or another field, or an MBA with quantitative marketing, consumer research focus.
16. Management consulting experience or a similar career requiring one to present data-driven insights to business audiences.
17. Experience using open-source statistical packages such as Dplyr, Rstudio, NumPy, Pandas.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account