at Ritter Communications in Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
The Fiber Splicer plays a vital role in ensuring quality and timely delivery of telecommunications services to our customers. This position is responsible for reading and interpreting schematics and diagrams to splice, terminate, and test fiber-optic, coaxial, and copper for new construction and new service installations. The role also maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs damaged cable and related issues in the outside plant network.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with Project Managers and/or OSP Engineers to perform splicing as directed;
- Provides detailed reports of field splicing activity;
- Preps cable and performs both fusion and mechanical splices for aerial and underground applications;
- Ensures all splice closures and termination points are airtight and free of moisture;
- Installs protectors and demarcation equipment at customer premise;
- Installs and maintains vaults, mini-vaults, and manholes;
- Installs actives and passives (nodes, amplifiers, taps, splitters, power inserts);
- Demonstrates appropriate Customer Service Skills, especially ability to work effectively with landowners and utility service providers;
- Loads, transports, unloads, and operates heavy equipment including backhoe, bulldozer, mini-excavator, and trencher.
- Performs manual excavations, including utility exposure, transition, and termination;
- Ensures proper bonding and grounding of aerial and underground plant’
- Performs all work in accordance with industry and Company standards and per all government regulations including OSHA, DOT, FCC, etc.;
- Tracks and enters time for capital projects as required;
- Participates in on-call rotation and occasionally performs work during scheduled maintenance windows at nonpeak hours;
- Travels to customer sites, project areas, business related events, and other Ritter Communications locations;
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.