at MGM Resorts International in Robinsonville, Mississippi, United States
The Restaurant General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the management of the restaurant. They provide direction and leadership for the Assistant General Manager, Assistant Manager and the Restaurant Service team consistent with the MGM brand. They are responsible for leading the team to achieve the operational and financial goals of the venue; driving covers and optimizing reservation channels; monitoring the performance, scheduling and training of the staff; executing initiatives as implemented by property F&B leadership; maintaining the facilities in accordance with MGM Resorts service standards; and ensuring high customer satisfaction and an exceptional guest experience. All duties are performed in accordance to company policies and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Owns, leads and oversees daily restaurant operations, fiscal budgets, labor productivity, scheduling, inventory control, guest service standards, and execution and development of marketing strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability. Co-own (with Executive Chef) the restaurant’s business plan and represent the restaurant in divisional, property or corporate meetings.
- Responsible for execution of policies, operating procedures, pricing initiatives, training programs, directives, menus, rules and regulations for the restaurant staff. Owns restaurant’s execution of F&B and/or company-wide initiatives and programs. Maintain the highest standards of health, sanitation and cleanliness with in all areas of Beverage. Responsible for completion of all company compliance training by the restaurant staff.
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for Restaurant to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback (coaching and counseling), recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning process that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; adherence to the company’s status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements, employment law, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Interacts with guests frequently to ensure satisfaction and enjoyment of dining experience. Reacts to any guest complaints and takes any appropriate action. Manages Restaurant’s guest feedback channels through approved company practices. Collaborate with Executive Chef and culinary team to ensure a seamless service experience between kitchen and dining room.
- Maintains excellent knowledge of venue’s food & beverage products, menu items and equipment used to perform duties.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) or more years of prior relevant experience.
- Previous experience managing employees under a collective bargaining agreement.
- Previous experience working in a high-volume restaurant or previous experience in a luxury or fine-dining restaurant.
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language.
MGM Resorts International is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, MGM Resorts International will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
MGM Resorts International believes in providing opportunity for every employee to grow, develop and succeed in a work environment where you can be your best. We encourage you to explore our job opportunities. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact our Corporate Diversity and Disability Outreach department at 1-844-247-0370 or email email@example.com